Breeze, Magic and Dream

sg4crzn

The Breeze and Magic are basically the same? The promenade deck sticks out wider than the other decks? What does the Dream not have that the other two have. I have been on the Magic and I am trying to decide between Breeze or Dream.

The Breeze and Magic are basically the same? The promenade deck sticks out wider than the other decks? What does the Dream not have that the other two have. I have been on the Magic and I am trying to decide between Breeze or Dream.

For one thing - the Breeze has the 2.0 upgrades. There is a good comparison at carnival.com- explore, compare the ships

Dream has far superior shows in the main theater, the best entertainment in the whole fleet, while I felt that Breeze's shows were not very good. Breeze's shows have no live music, half the performers, no props, & are half the duration. Dream's shows are twice the length of Breeze's, use props, double (or more) the performers, & they do have live music. Dream will have more late evening food options. Dream has a bigger comedy club, more overall public space, & fewer guests. (That confuses some people, because they are sister ships, but some space did indeed get taken away from Magic & Breeze.) Dream's serenity area is larger (that's where more staterooms went on Magic/Breeze.) Dream has 2 extra hot tubs on deck 11, above the main pool, that Breeze/Magic don't have. Dream has non-slippery floors around the lido buffet area. With Dream's staterooms, you don't have to put a card in the slot to keep the lights on.

Breeze will have the newest branded food places: Guys & Blue Iguana Cantina, with limited hours. Breeze also has an extra-pay Italian restaurant for dinner (Dream only has the free lunch option). Breeze has a dump bucket around their waterpark (Dream has 2 extra small waterslides instead). Breeze has a ropes course. Breeze has the 3D theater, at an extra cost, which for me helped make up for the lack of good nighttime entertainment. Breeze has the Red Frog Pub on deck 5.

Don't be fooled by the term "2.0". Dream does actually have some of 2.0, but the numbers don't really matter. All that really matters is what the ship actually has. It doesn't matter what number is associated with the thing. Some 1.0 & 0.0 things are better than the 2.0 things.

For my tastes, Dream is by far my favorite ship. Breeze is still great, falling somewhere in the middle of the pack (if I were to rank the ships I've been on). If Breeze kept the same style of shows as Dream, then I would rank the Breeze higher.

Edited by k2excursion

I just got off the Dream and it has definitely started lacking in the entertainment. It was by far the worst cruise I have been on as far as entertainment. Plus the staff change on it is so different. They don't pay as much attention to your cabins on there anymore. Used to the stewards were always going above and beyond to keep your rooms clean. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the cruise it was just not up to the usual standards I have become used to.

Dream has far superior shows in the main theater, the best entertainment in the whole fleet, while I felt that Breeze's shows were not very good. Breeze's shows have no live music, half the performers, no props, & are half the duration. Dream's shows are twice the length of Breeze's, use props, double (or more) the performers, & they do have live music. Dream will have more late evening food options. Dream has a bigger comedy club, more overall public space, & fewer guests. (That confuses some people, because they are sister ships, but some space did indeed get taken away from Magic & Breeze.) Dream's serenity area is larger (that's where more staterooms went on Magic/Breeze.) Dream has 2 extra hot tubs on deck 11, above the main pool, that Breeze/Magic don't have. Dream has non-slippery floors around the lido buffet area. With Dream's staterooms, you don't have to put a card in the slot to keep the lights on.

Breeze will have the newest branded food places: Guys & Blue Iguana Cantina, with limited hours. Breeze also has an extra-pay Italian restaurant for dinner (Dream only has the free lunch option). Breeze has a dump bucket around their waterpark (Dream has 2 extra small waterslides instead). Breeze has a ropes course. Breeze has the 3D theater, at an extra cost, which for me helped make up for the lack of good nighttime entertainment. Breeze has the Red Frog Pub on deck 5.

Don't be fooled by the term "2.0". Dream does actually have some of 2.0, but the numbers don't really matter. All that really matters is what the ship actually has. It doesn't matter what number is associated with the thing. Some 1.0 & 0.0 things are better than the 2.0 things.

For my tastes, Dream is by far my favorite ship. Breeze is still great, falling somewhere in the middle of the pack (if I were to rank the ships I've been on). If Breeze kept the same style of shows as Dream, then I would rank the Breeze higher.

Thanks so much for this very thorough and positive comparison. :D

I just got off the Dream and it has definitely started lacking in the entertainment. It was by far the worst cruise I have been on as far as entertainment. Plus the staff change on it is so different. They don't pay as much attention to your cabins on there anymore. Used to the stewards were always going above and beyond to keep your rooms clean. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the cruise it was just not up to the usual standards I have become used to.

Very curious. What entertainment has changed? What is lacking? I will be cruising on her again at the end of May and was on her last summer. I never do a ton of the entertainment stuff anyway but last summer they had the three shows and a hypnotist one night. They have the Legends show on the last night, I think. What is missing now or what was missing before that I never knew about? lol

I did not care for the Dream. The Breeze and Magic have more to offer. The Breeze has everything that the Dream has and the Magic is getting everything the Dream has right now. I would go with the Breeze. The food was horrible and the crew were rude on the Dream.

The Dream was by far the worst ship I have been on. We had a big problem with the stateroom steward on the Dream getting slow service. The food was also horrible on the Dream. That was in July 2014 and it doesn't look like it has gotten any better.

Well I have cruised more recently, in July of 2015 and I can tell you that the food was just fine and the service was INCREDIBLE. One thing the Dream has that I absolutely love is the Indian buffet. I don't think the other ships have that. You may or may not like Indian food so it may not matter to you but thought I would mention it.

Very curious. What entertainment has changed? What is lacking? I will be cruising on her again at the end of May and was on her last summer. I never do a ton of the entertainment stuff anyway but last summer they had the three shows and a hypnotist one night. They have the Legends show on the last night, I think. What is missing now or what was missing before that I never knew about? lol

You weren't missing anything. That's what she had all 3 times I've cruised the Dream. Instead of the hypnotist, it was something else, different each time, because those are fly-on entertainers. They get off one ship in a port, then board another to do the same show for them, so it varies from week to week on a particular ship. Hopefully, that poster will return and let us know if maybe some of these things got cut or changed for the worse, or perhaps the shows just simply weren't their cup of Pepsi.

I agree with you that the food on Dream was fine & the service was great. Sometimes (luck of the draw), a person can get stuck with a bad steward or a bad waiter, but that's usually not the ship's fault, and usually not representative of the whole ship. That particular worker probably won't last long if they don't step it up. But the food seemed great every time I sailed the Dream. And I disagree with an earlier statement that the Breeze has everything the Dream has. That's not true, as can be seen from my earlier comparison. Maybe what the Dream has that Breeze doesn't won't matter to a particular person, which is fair, but the Dream still has several things that Breeze doesn't, and I found myself missing those things when I sailed Breeze.

Well I have cruised more recently, in July of 2015 and I can tell you that the food was just fine and the service was INCREDIBLE. One thing the Dream has that I absolutely love is the Indian buffet. I don't think the other ships have that. You may or may not like Indian food so it may not matter to you but thought I would mention it.

The Breeze does have Tandoor (Indian). It's in the aft back by the pizza.;)

• 3 weeks later...

I agree the standard entertainment shows on the breeze were not good. For one thing the screen on one side of the theatre did not work at all. Would rather see performers then watch a digital screen it was just distracting.

However I will say the two guest performer shows who they flew in were outstanding.

Loved the Breeze as far as the ships food and the deck with the 4 hot tubs. So nice to be able to get in a hot tub and have some space. Not always a teenage filled tub.

Disappointed the Vista took away the 4 hot tubs and made the Havana area for certain room access only.

I cruised on the Breeze and then the Dream. I had a friend tell me that the Dream was his favorite ship, and the steak house was the best. I missed all the extra spaces on the Breeze but at that time the entertainment was better on the Dream. We really didn't like the big screens used in the main theater on the Breeze. My sister actually left because she was afraid all the flashing lights were going to give her a migraine.

The Breeze does have Tandoor (Indian). It's in the aft back by the pizza.;)

Tandoor is only available on 4 ships:

Unfortunately, they don't seem to want to expand it to any others. It probably isn't as popular as the other new eateries.

Fun fact: Breeze, and now the Magic are the only two ships to have Guy's/Blue Iguana & Tandoor.

I believe with the addition of the new Guy's Pig & BBQ, the Magic has by far the most included eating options of all the ships in Carnival's fleet.

Edited by hirent

Hi there,

Cruise Critic just launched a brand new article on this: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2247. Hope it helps!