Oasis Review - 2/20

CSohio

We were on Oasis last week as well with a group of about 20.

Oasis of the Seas is an impressive ship with lots to do.

PROs:

-All staff we engaged were very pleasant and helpful

-The ship was in amazing condition for being 6 years old.

-The entertainment options were great; you will never be bored.

-The solarium was awesome and did not feel too crowded.

-The bar service was great at all locations we stopped at.

-The ice show was really cool.

-The comedian show was good.

-Windjammer food was great

-At at Chops, Johnny Rockets and Sabor - All were good

-THE BEST room steward we have ever had

-All Access Tour was awesome

-Dinner Bar Server was great

-Did not feel nickled and dimed on this cruise as I have on other RCCL cruises.

-We benefited from the premium drink packaged although by day 6 it felt like a job. I would not get the drink package if I was cruising with my family; but since we sailed with a large group, it made sense.

CONs:

-The ship had too many people! The ship felt very crowded most days. It was hard to get an elevator and difficult to find a table at the Windjammer for breakfast.

-Everything was a queue.

-Chops wasn't "Great"; we've had better on Freedom and Navigator

-Dinning room assistant waiter was terrible; our Waiter was struggling trying to do both jobs

-I don't like having to make reservations for everything ahead of time (I guess this is the wave of the future). I wish we could just "show up" like the old days.

-There is not really a wrap around promenade

-No Crown and Anchor lounge

-Pools (except for Solarium) were very crowded

-Nassau was a waste; wished we could have gone to Cococay instead

-Dining room staff begged for a "10" on the review on day 5 which was really uncomfortable.

-Never saw our head waiter (probably because we don't hand out envelopes anymore)

-The dining room Maitre D started speaking, playing music, and had the waiters dance before we even got our appetizers. I wish they would stop that whole charade; it makes the cruise feel cheap and is very disruptive to dinner service.

Nice review the Pros are right on the money and the cons also hit the mark. It is after all one of the biggest ships going and as a result has higher visibility. RCCL has to try harder with the Oasis class of ships. Still having 5000 give or take on on ship is going to feel a bit tight.

Pretty much on the mark.

Most of the cons all tie to the fact that it is a big ship with a lot of people. You can just walk up to some events, but since others have pre-booked you won't get a good seat.

Interesting you had a problem with the assistant waiter and never saw the head waiter. We had a similar issue on our last cruise. Eg: Normally, bread comes around twice before dinner comes and your water glass never gets empty. Not so on our cruises. We would have mentioned the service issue to the head waiter if we had seen him. Every night the wait staff all seemed to allow themselves to be distracted by the tables with kids and the table next to us with the drunk-complaining guy.

Would still do it again though.

Pretty much on the mark.

Most of the cons all tie to the fact that it is a big ship with a lot of people. You can just walk up to some events, but since others have pre-booked you won't get a good seat.

Interesting you had a problem with the assistant waiter and never saw the head waiter. We had a similar issue on our last cruise. Eg: Normally, bread comes around twice before dinner comes and your water glass never gets empty. Not so on our cruises. We would have mentioned the service issue to the head waiter if we had seen him. Every night the wait staff all seemed to allow themselves to be distracted by the tables with kids and the table next to us with the drunk-complaining guy.

would still do it again though.

On my Feb. 6th Oasis cruise, the asst waiter did not come around with rolls/bread. Like at restaurants, a basket of bread was placed at your table.

Don't understand "no C&A lounge" or "wrap around promenade".

With regards to waiting staff dancing and singing, it has been reduced from cruises of years ago. I really miss the baked Alaska presentation, where waiters carried the flambe on their heads.

My biggest complain of my cruise was the hassle with checking pool towels, poor mdr selection on first night & smaller contents on plates, and where we were seated, the speaker/music (Italian song) was aggravating as it sounded as though they were playing scratched lp or 45.