Bed Orientation - Carnival Magic

pinkmagnolia

I'm selecting our stateroom on the Carnival Magic, and could use some help in choosing the right one.

On my first-ever cruise (Carnival Breeze), I loved my bed and the way I was oriented when I was sleeping - it was just like my bed at home, and I slept SO, SO well.

I prefer sleeping with my head pointing forward, and my toes pointing aft. That, and when I'm laying down, the balcony window to my left. So, when you walk into the room, the sofa and headboard is on the left.

Does this make sense?

How can I make sure this is the orientation during my room selection? The room I'm looking at right now is 7387

I'm selecting our stateroom on the Carnival Magic, and could use some help in choosing the right one.

On my first-ever cruise (Carnival Breeze), I loved my bed and the way I was oriented when I was sleeping - it was just like my bed at home, and I slept SO, SO well.

I prefer sleeping with my head pointing forward, and my toes pointing aft. That, and when I'm laying down, the balcony window to my left. So, when you walk into the room, the sofa and headboard is on the left.

Does this make sense?

How can I make sure this is the orientation during my room selection? The room I'm looking at right now is 7387

It makes sense to me, but you do realize when the ship turns around to go back to home port, everything is the exact opposite orientation. Right?? That's generally somewhere around mid-cruise, although it may be a little later than mid-point depending on the itinerary.

Maybe you just slept so good onboard because cruising agrees with you??

It makes sense to me, but you do realize when the ship turns around to go back to home port, everything is the exact opposite orientation. Right?? That's generally somewhere around mid-cruise, although it may be a little later than mid-point depending on the itinerary.

Maybe you just slept so good onboard because cruising agrees with you??

"everything is the exact opposite orientation. Right??"

Not correct. If the head of your bed is facing forward it remains facing forward no matter what direction the ship is going

:eek:The other big problem is the world is round. that said part of the trip your head will be down hill when you are going south. then when you are going north the blood will rush to your feet. because you are going up hill!

Bed and headboard on left only works on starboard side. Port side, headboard and couch would be on your right. EM

I was on starboard on splendor and bed and couch were on right along with closets. Bathroom and vanity were on my left

I know they're not all the same on each side - I noticed that walking down the hallway when they are cleaning cabins. You could also try looking for pics of specific cabins on cruiselinerooms dot com.

I believe it has a lot to do with connecting rooms or (if a balcony) connecting balconies. We usually have a balcony that adjoins my parents and our rooms are usually flipped from each other.

Good luck finding what you want!

The rooms usually alternate direction because they want the bathrooms of two rooms to be next to each other for plumbing purposes. This also determines which rooms have connecting doors inside and also which ones can have the balcony dividers opened. Do not know how you can find this out without talking to someone at Carnival. A PVP may be the best connection.

If I'm reading what you're saying correctly, then you will need a starboard side room to make that work. Starboard is the right side (odd numbers), if you're looking at a deck plan. But keep in mind that quite often, the room orientation switches back & forth from one room to the next, just like with many hotels. This isn't always the case, as our 3 porthole rooms in a row that we had on Triumph were all oriented the same direction. But, I think with the more standard rooms, it goes back & forth with each room, as I have seen it do that. At cruiseline rooms dot com, room 7441 shows pics for the Breeze, and it is oriented the way you want it. If it is every other one that has that orientation, then 7387 would have it that way too. But please note that this is not a guarantee.

Room 7397 for Magic (sister ship) has pics, and it is oriented the way you don't want. But again, if it is every other one, then 7387 would be turned the way you do want, the opposite direction of 7397.

I can't answer the op's specific question but would offer that you take a look at the various sites that host travelers cabin photos.

One thing I know for sure whether you are on starboard, port or which direction the ship is heading will not have anything to do with cabin configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that if you want have your feet pointing aft and the window on your left you should choose a starboard cabin. Just not sure which ones since only about half of them will be what you want. If the window is on your left on the port side then your feet are pointing forward.

And of course the direction the ship is going in has no effect on where the window is or if your head is pointing in the direction you are going. Unless of course the captain decides to return to the home port all the way in reverse.:D;):eek: And then it would only effect on whether your head is pointing in the direction you are going.

The rooms usually alternate direction because they want the bathrooms of two rooms to be next to each other for plumbing purposes. This also determines which rooms have connecting doors inside and also which ones can have the balcony dividers opened. Do not know how you can find this out without talking to someone at Carnival. A PVP may be the best connection.

It would be a miracle if anyone at Carnival could answer this question. Go to cruisedeckplans.com but you'll need to join. Get lifetime membership, it's totally worth it. I'm on the site daily. Then you pick your ship, your deck and hover over a cabin. Then it allow you to see pics of cabins. Then you have to figure it out--one cabin this way, the next another.

If you tell me the cabins and ship I'll look it up for you.

I do this too!

Edited by crusinpsychRN

If you look at the deck plans, note which rooms are connecting, and apply a little logic you can figure this out.

Rooms that are connecting, connect along the vanity area, and their bathrooms are on opposite walls. Basically the foot of one cabin bed faces the foot of the other cabin bed. The cabin next door will share bathroom plumbing or in other words, the head of that cabin bed shares the wall with the other head of the other cabin bed. You can determine which cabins have beds with headboards directed forward or aft.

Good luck!

Actually, it depends on where the balcony door is if it is a balcony room.

The balcony door will be at the foot of the bed.

We have always had rooms on the Starboard side, and sometimes the head of the bed faces the front of the ship, we just got off the Breeze two weeks ago, we had room 7381 and the head of the bed was toward the back of the ship.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much for your responses - I will do a bit of investigating as suggested above, and will do my best. I'm limited to rooms that can accommodate 4 guests, but I can probably figure it out.

I *know* it seems weird, but I truly do have a preference :D