Canadian Dollar at Par

Just saw an offer on NCL.com for Canadians. If you love the new mega ships, this could be for you. Cruises included are to Bahamas and Caribbean, Bermuda, Greek Islands, and Western Med.

Now Canadians can book the select sailings below with Canadian Dollars at par with American dollar prices. That's almost 30% discount off cruises.

This offer is not combinable with Norwegian's Free at Sea promotion and must be booked with a phone call.

Sorry forgot to post link: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/canada-par

Edited by All-ready2cruise

It was only a matter of time - too much business to be lost from Canadians to not offer something attractive to them.

I agree, but not sure how attractive it will be since none of the promos apply. We have no interest in it due to it being only the mega ships but for some, that would be enough of a perk I guess.

For those who like it... enjoy.

I don't see where the 30% off is coming in to play. I just click on our sailing, which is one of the cruises provided under the promotion, and the pricing is still" the same as it was before.

You have to call in it says, "must be booked with a phone call".

I tried checking online as well but nothing shows, that's why I posted it here, you have to call to get it. Also, you don't get the promos so if you like the UBP and UDP this won't work for you.

I wish it wasn't just the mega ships, I'd be all over it if it was for some of the smaller ships. Oh well, another time. :)

You have to call in it says, "must be booked with a phone call".

I tried checking online as well but nothing shows, that's why I posted it here, you have to call to get it. Also, you don't get the promos so if you like the UBP and UDP this won't work for you.

I wish it wasn't just the mega ships, I'd be all over it if it was for some of the smaller ships. Oh well, another time. :)

Agreed. I'd jump on it if it was offered for the Dawn to Bermuda instead of the Breakaway. UDP is not something I would go for anyway, and the UBP I can take or leave as well.

Oh yes, I see that now. I got a little excited and skimmed over the post.

We don't have any promos anyways (UBP, Dining). Since we are past final payment, I'm going to see if they will upgrade us to a balcony for free. Doubt it will work, but it's worth a shot.

Well, it is, as usual only for new bookings but, can't hurt to try, good luck!

Agreed. I'd jump on it if it was offered for the Dawn to Bermuda instead of the Breakaway. UDP is not something I would go for anyway, and the UBP I can take or leave as well.

Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking too, would love to cruise from Boston on the Dawn. Yes, UBP for us is a waste anyway.

Well...I just got off the phone with NCL. No dice. Not a new booking.

I mentioned how in the past I could have received a free upgrade or some type of compensation and she said she noticed that as well, that upgrades, etc are harder to come by now that FDR is in place.

I said that with all of the continuous upcharges and how often they are occurring, cruisers are not happy.

So it looks like the reps see the downward trends as well.

On the plus side, I only have 39 more days until our cruise :)

I just tried calling in regards to this and the call center has no knowledge of the promotion.

Did you read the T&C to the rep? It's unfortunate but their training is very poor and lax. If you indicate that it's on the website and offer to read it to them they will find it and be able to help you.

I'm sending this off to my PCC to make sure he spreads the word.

Good luck.

I was asked to send an email to a supervisor email with a printout of what is on the web and then call back. I did that and called a few hours later and they still have no record of this promotion. Tried to tell me that the Canadian promotion was for 10% off. I explained that is not what at par means and read what was indicated on the website. I was told there was nothing they could do about it. I feel for the call center workers. Not there fault they are not given the correct information but the whole process is very frustrating.

I was asked to send an email to a supervisor email with a printout of what is on the web and then call back. I did that and called a few hours later and they still have no record of this promotion. Tried to tell me that the Canadian promotion was for 10% off. I explained that is not what at par means and read what was indicated on the website. I was told there was nothing they could do about it. I feel for the call center workers. Not there fault they are not given the correct information but the whole process is very frustrating.

We all know it's not the fault of the phone reps but it does need to get corrected. Maybe, since you have until Mar. 15th, give it a day or two. I haven't heard back from my PCC so it's possible they really haven't even heard about this offer on the floor yet. Lots of time yet though.

Good luck :)

When they offer a free cruise on their mega ships I might consider it. On second thoughts, they would have to pay me. Once was more than enough...lol 😎.

A good deal for those that it appeals to.....enjoy!

When they offer a free cruise on their mega ships I might consider it. On second thoughts, they would have to pay me. Once was more than enough...lol 😎.

A good deal for those that it appeals to.....enjoy!

My feelings exactly :p

For some, it might work very well and I wish them all the best and hope they really enjoy it. :D

You have to call and speak to a rep or your PCC. The website will not give you the price in Canadian SSS's. (That is also stipulated in the small print underneath this promotion of their website).

Correct, however, the phone reps don't get trained on this type of thing very quickly which is why I suggested that trish4bruce wait a day or two to call again.

Also, it is only pertaining to specific cruises and may not be of interest to everyone, but for those who enjoy the mega ships and can book their cruise in the specified time-frame... great! have at'er biy...

Cheers.. :D

I spoke to my PCC this afternoon and he gave me a price on a sailing I was looking at in December. He answered all my questions and was able to quote me a price, so I'm happy. Not sure how long they will offer this sail for, it may be dependent upon how many cruises are booked in the next couple of days, and if things go well, it may not last long.

It was only a matter of time - too much business to be lost from Canadians to not offer something attractive to them.

I agree, but not sure how attractive it will be since none of the promos apply. We have no interest in it due to it being only the mega ships but for some, that would be enough of a perk I guess. For those who like it... enjoy.

I agree with both of these; please apply to all decent cruises not just the short rubbish ones on the big ships!! :eek: