Anthem Sailing North this weekend

I live in NJ and have heard nothing about snow anywhere...matter of fact the forecast for even Halifax is in the upper 30s.

There are rumors our sailing might be canceled due to the weather, and I've yet to figure out what weather they are referring to.

(Someone on the honeymoon forum posted they heard it might be canceled due to weather but I've gotten nothing from RCCL as of yet).

Thanks, all. I've seen everything from a dusting to 5-10 inches Friday or Saturday. Don't know what to believe, but I plan on getting on the ship and having fun! I am just concerned about RCCL cancelling as well, only because of all the bad press lately and not wanting to gather more negative attention. The Anthem is under the microscope right now, even though other ships have been sailing in the same storms without any media hounding them.

You won't find anything relevant in the land weather forecasts. In fact it's likely to be pretty clear in NY and Halifax. The issue is a storm coming off the mid Atlantic states and heading to sea and where it ends up. It could go more east or more north. That's the issue. You won't find that on the weather Chanel :)

I'm still planning on a great cruise and don't care if it's a bit choppy.

I live in NJ and have heard nothing about snow anywhere...matter of fact the forecast for even Halifax is in the upper 30s.

There are rumors our sailing might be canceled due to the weather, and I've yet to figure out what weather they are referring to.

(Someone on the honeymoon forum posted they heard it might be canceled due to weather but I've gotten nothing from RCCL as of yet).

What honeymoon forum?

if they have done away with CTN's

how does just pulling in and out of Halifax not violate that???

They are actually going to dock for 59 minutes which is all they need to do to comply with the PVSA.:D No one will be getting off the ship.

Edited by cruisenfever

if they have done away with CTN's

how does just pulling in and out of Halifax not violate that???

From what I've read, all they have to do is make a port stop, passengers do not have to get off.

They satisfy the technical need to stop for the PVSA, and all is well.

They could alter the route of our cruise, but, there's no "distant foreign port" close enough that's not in that direction to go to... lol.

We need to create an island off the coast of NJ and have it belong to some other country. :-) I could care less where we go, as long as I get to be on a ship for a few days.

The NY Times says there is a storm that would interfere with getting to Port Liberty for disembarkation so they are returning early NYTIMES

Don't "shoot" the messenger. It is March 1 not April 1 so I believe it.

B