Celebrity Ad in the UK

upwarduk

I got the ad with the guy ordering 2000 pounds of fresh fish from the local market with the Celebrity ship in the background. The survey then asks if it makes you more or less likely to want to book a Celebrity cruise. Really?

I'm not a fish lover so that wouldn't work on me.....:D

After spending a lot of time in Florida, we had heard the game Marco Polo played many times in the hotel pools - but the majority of other UK residents just wouldn't get it at all-

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think few in the US can identify with the ad....which celebrity already ran at some likely considerable expense with their new advertising agency. At least they are getting smarter about testing how to spend their advertising dollars.

Speaking as an American from the US, I had no clue what the ad was about....never heard of the pool game (and I've had two kids grow up with pools and also using public swimming pools). It's completely wasted on me, but fortunately for celebrity, I'm not their target market. Unfortunately, I checked with both of my kids who are right smack in the middle of the target demographic and they had no idea about a game called marco polo.

U are lucky..it is a most annoying game...after hearing marco polo over and over again ....you want to rip your head off...banned at some condo pools when the hordes come to visit over school break...

Obviously it does not conjure up anything good for us...in terms of remembering the game ...the explorer maybe! When the first threads about the ad were going strong there were some fairly "interesting" opinions...