I'm freaking out, help

angel3401

UPDATE!!!!!!

His ID came in the mail today, we are so relieved. Our cruise is tomorrow. Thank you all for your advice. Now time for me to pack. :D

That's great news!!! Glad it all worked out! Enjoy your cruise!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!

His ID came in the mail today, we are so relieved. Our cruise is tomorrow. Thank you all for your advice. Now time for me to pack. :D

That is wonderful news, thanks for coming back to let everyone know. Have a wonderful cruise.

I am so happy for your friend, what a relief!

After reading through all the posts I just had a couple thoughts.

How can California have a 60 day turn around on mailing your ID back to you? That is so ridiculous. I would think many people would have a hardship with this.

2nd for all those that are concerned that travelers asking for considerations when trying to proof of citizenships are probably some of the safest bets. They generally are trying to work security people and willing to lay their entire lives out there to be able to travel.. The dangerous ones have their fake documents in perfect order and nobody would no they were dangerous until they disappear after their attack or escape to another location.

Just a thought.;)

Many years ago we went and had a notary prepare a picture ID for one of our children, not sure if they still do this. By putting their seal on it, it was official. Again, not sure if this is still a possibility.

And how exactly is he going to prove to a notary who he is without a picture ID?! I'm a notary and I would never notarize a document attesting to who a person is without seeing a driver's license, passport, or other government issued photo ID. And if he had any of those items, he wouldn't be in this predicament.

Edited by bakersdozen12

I always thought we needed a passport to cruise never been without one Why is the required documentation not common knowledge?

Because the "required" documentation can vary from cruise to cruise (even from cruise line to cruise line for the same cruise).

The minimum requirement for US citizens on a closed loop cruise (begins and ends in the same US port) is a birth certificate plus (for those 16 and over) a government issued photo ID.

That being said, some countries require a passport for entry, regardless of what requirement for US citizens has been posted by the US Department of State. And, some cruise lines require passports on all cruises, regardless of the minimum legal requirement.

Also just bring as many things as you can, such as cards or ids for businesses, etc. , with you. Can't hurt to attempt to unofficially provide proof 20 different ways! But this is by no means a solution... this is just me and my opinion :D

UPDATE!!!!!!

Hallelujah!!! :)

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

UPDATE!!!!!!

THANK GOD! And I DO mean literally!! Now my blood pressure can go back to normal! SOOOOO happy things worked out!

2nd for all those that are concerned that travelers asking for considerations when trying to proof of citizenships are probably some of the safest bets. They generally are trying to work security people and willing to lay their entire lives out there to be able to travel.. The dangerous ones have their fake documents in perfect order and nobody would no they were dangerous until they disappear after their attack or escape to another location.

Just a thought.;)

That could be a very dangerous thought. "That guy" is NEVER the one you have to worry about until it happens. I mean, people spent time and money to take flying lessons. They always have to test the limits to see how far they can go. They never had to worry about the young pretty white women coming into the US until it was determined that they would make great drug smugglers. We didn't have to worry about children coming up to the humvees in Iraq until...well you know. It is a mistake to think that criminals would only do things one particular way.

This thread is a good example of why anyone who travels anywhere outside the US should have a valid passport which is kept in a safe when not specifically needed for travel. DL lost the day before you leave? No worries, it's not really all that useful (unless you'll be renting a car) anyhow.