Children and Diapers on Getaway (sigh)

mengel246

So I figure since the common thought is no swim diapers in the pool, I will give you what worked for my son a few months ago. He is three and would not go near the potty, despite all the bribery and m&ms we could throw at him.

We got him some underwear of paw patrol. He put them on in the morning but accidents happened. Until about the 5th day when we gave him the one where the character Rocky is on it.

My son says out of the blue..."I have to go potty because Rocky doesn't like to get wet". So he kept his Rocky underwear dry. All day. At night I went to walmart and got 5 more packages of the underwear and searched out the Rocky ones for him to wear tomorrow and the next.

He kept those dry too. Soon we were using all the dogs. And all stayed dry.

I had no idea about the plot of that stupid show and how Rocky the pup didn't like the water. But like most 3 year olds, my son sure did.

And thank goodness too lol

Point of the story is that every child is different, but until they can drive themselves to succeed, it'll never happen. Sometimes you just have to get lucky;). Good luck.

That was a fabulous idea! I only wish I tried that back when I was potty training my children! Perhaps there would have been a lot less frustration! All of my children are now grown--ages 45, 44, 41, 36, 31--and even my grandchildren are beyond potty training. I guess I will pass that strategy on for future great-grandchildren! 😊

We did something similar with our oldest son. He and I would walk by a sporting good store which had hockey sticks in the window. He was almost 3 years old, still in diapers, and wanted a hockey stick.

We told him that when he was able to use the toilet and stay dry, we'd get him a child sized hockey stick. That was all it took.

He was so proud of his "accomplishment," that he called his grandparents to tell them.

Good luck with your kiddo.

There were plenty of children in diapers and swim diapers on the Breakaway in January. They even sold swim diapers on the ship.

Maybe the swim diapers were for swimming in the ocean. I am glad I don't like getting in public pools.

My sympathy to you OP, and good luck!

My sons were 3 and 3.5 years old when they were fully potty trained. I finally, out of desperation, told my oldest he only had to SIT on the potty and NOT go poop. That worked (at the right time), once it was HIS decision.

You might use the swimming pool on the ship as a bribe; youtube is your friend. Tell him no diapers allowed (even if they are). I'll bet by the time he actually sees the pool, he will miraculously be potty trained!!

Seriously! He's like twice the size of that girl!

It's called perspective. The baby is not a large baby, it is normal sized.

I guess the people that think the baby in this picture is huge are the same people that believe that people in pictures are keeping the Leaning Tower of Pisa upright as well. Geez.

I took a picture with my phone of something that I thought would show that people are not paying attention to the rules. I did not photo shop or later the photo in any way.

Please, give it a rest.

Sorry. This vent is not directed solely at you.

Edited by ncklhaus