Just off Getaway...Pics menus

Davey-D-99

Thanks for posting!

I noticed on past menus posted on here that there was a few different pasta/lasagna dishes offered daily. I think they called them "classic dishes". I didn't see those on the menus you posted. The only pasta I see on the menus you posted come with seafood. Does anyone know if they still serve the classic pasta/lasagna dishes?

The first picture with "Classic Entrees" are the ones that are served every night. Only one pasta dish on there, but I'm also surprised it comes with shrimp.

ETA: Just looked at the Escape menus on Beyond Ships and it is the same dish listed there as well.

Edited by Mistizoom

The first picture with "Classic Entrees" are the ones that are served every night. Only one pasta dish on there, but I'm also surprised it comes with shrimp.

The shrimp pasta is pretty good... My daughter ordered it one night but didn't like it much. I ate some of it and thought it was really good.

They had no issues bringing her a plain red sauce marinara rigatoni minus the shrimp instead.

Those menus look very similar to the ones that have been on the Escape, with just a few differences. I didn't notice any a la carte items on them, which are on the Escape, but perhaps I just missed them.

For the other restaurants, from what I can tell the ones being rolled out fleet wide seem to be the same as the Escape, so for anyone who wants to see them it is worth just checking the Escape page on beyondships.

Those menus look very similar to the ones that have been on the Escape, with just a few differences. I didn't notice any a la carte items on them

The a la carte were available every day also... I just did't take a picture of that side.

Lobster - $20... Filet - $20... etc

They are from the complimentary restaurants... Taste, Savor and Tropicana. They all share the same menus. I missed a couple because we went to Illusionarium one evening and Shanghai noodle another. Those were also very good. O'Sheehans was also very good, we went for lunch a couple times and late night wings and nachos. I was impressed with all the food except for the scrambled eggs at the buffet breakfast:eek: Wait for the fresh omelet... Trust me!!

Thank you for these! Very helpful as we board Getaway this Sunday :)

Once again Davey-D-99 thanks for this detailed menu posting. Has really helped me arrange my dining reservations and specialty nights.

Anything that you did on the Getaway that you think shouldn't be missed?

Thank you so much for posting the menus! We leave on the 13th, so excited! We would love to try Shanghai's Noodle Bar, but wondered about the line/wait. If you don't mind... What time did you line up? How long was the wait?

Just a word of warning.

Whilst I have never been able to confirm it or not, it is an often stated opinion on these boards that the menus are not necessarily the same from week to week. There are more than 7 menus (actually around 14 I believe) and just because a menu was used on a particular day on this cruise does not necessarily mean that it will be on future cruises.

That's not to say that they won't be of course, but you never know.

Once again Davey-D-99 thanks for this detailed menu posting. Has really helped me arrange my dining reservations and specialty nights.

Anything that you did on the Getaway that you think shouldn't be missed?

No Problem...Enjoy your cruise!

Howl at the Moon pianos...Great Fun

Glow Party...Blast

Drop Slide..Once was enough for me:eek:

My kids would say the ropes and plank!

Rebellious Fish, Bushwacker, and Bob Marley drinks at Waves bar in the afternoon!

Raspberry Mojito at the Sugarcane Bar!!

Bacon Cheeseburger and Wings (Texas BBQ) at O'Sheehans

Combination Rice and Noodles at Shanghai :)

If Gary Cauoette is one of the comedians...Absolutely do not miss his 11:00pm show!! Probably the funniest comic I've ever seen!

We went early Friday evening (5:45) while the ship was still docked in Cozumel... No wait at all...

It was VERY busy during sea days and early port days...

Great idea to go on Cozumel day! Thanks!

Thank you so much for posting the menus! We leave on the 13th, so excited! We would love to try Shanghai's Noodle Bar, but wondered about the line/wait. If you don't mind... What time did you line up? How long was the wait?

Mom*3, please feel free to join in the roll call, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2183280. We are having a Meet & Greet on Monday in Cagney's at 11 am if you want to join in just post on the roll call!

One thing I neglected to mention...

Don't order the shrimp and guacamole salad appetizer... Awful... Really awful... lol

I was reading the description and thought, "Sounds interesting", then I saw the Thousand Island dressing and thought, "Who in the world thought that is a good idea???"

Thank you for the menus and the warning.

They are from the complimentary restaurants... Taste, Savor and Tropicana. They all share the same menus. I missed a couple because we went to Illusionarium one evening and Shanghai noodle another. Those were also very good. O'Sheehans was also very good, we went for lunch a couple times and late night wings and nachos. I was impressed with all the food except for the scrambled eggs at the buffet breakfast:eek: Wait for the fresh omelet... Trust me!!

Thank you so much for posting the menus. I would like to know what you ate at Shanghai Noodles and how you liked it. I think I saw Char Siu beef noodles on a menu somewhere. Do you remember seeing that at Shanghai, or am I confused.

Thanks for your help.

Kristine

Thank you so much for posting the menus. I would like to know what you ate at Shanghai Noodles and how you liked it. I think I saw Char Siu beef noodles on a menu somewhere. Do you remember seeing that at Shanghai, or am I confused.

I had fried pork pot stickers, spring rolls, combination beef shrimp noodles and combination fried rice. Really enjoyed them all.

There was a beef noodle dish but I don't remember the name... Sorry