Day and a Half in NYC - Any Suggestions?...

rkaratsu

My wife and I will have a day and a half in NYC prior to our cruise in April. We have already booked hotel in Times Square but looking for some suggestions, particularly for good restaurants and perhaps an interesting museum or cultural exhibit to check out. (We really enjoy museums of all kinds.) We have been to New York a couple of time previously and love the energy of the City. (I did already book a matinee of "Beautiful" and the last time we were in NYC we ate at Buddakan, Craft and Bar Americain, all of which we loved. But we will try just about anything!)

Thank you in advance!

RK

Foodwise it all depends on how much you want to spend. There's the usual top end (Per Se, Daniel, Bouley, Le Bernaden) although there have been reports that Per Se has dropped a notch and Daniel lost one of it's Michelin stars... One of my favorites is Annisa in the West Village. You can never go wrong with Momofuku Ko if you can get a reservation. If you want an interesting Japanese restaurant you could try Rosanjin. All the restaurants I've listed a pretty to really expensive... If you want something a little less expensive you could try Narcissa (farm to table) or Nomad (get the chicken for two).

As for museums, you have your standard Met, MoMa, and Natural History. The Whitney has a new building which is fantastic and afterwards you can walk along the High Line. If you go to the Whitney, Santina is a popular new restaurant right beside it.

Always something to do in NYC!

Good suggestions already. We love Le Bernadin. Their lunch goes to 3:30 and is about half the price of dinner (although you're going to a matinee so that might not work). Their books would be open for April if you call; 30 days out on Open Table, but best choice by calling.

I probably like the Met more than MoMa, but I love impressionists.

Enjoy. It's a great city!

Sure the major museums have been mentioned but if you love Museums there is no shortage in NYC.

Museum Mile 5th Ave east side:

El Museo del Barrio at 104th Street

Museum of the City of New York at 103rd Street

Jewish Museum at 92nd Street

Cooper-Hewitt National Museum of Design at 91st Street

National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts at 89th Street

Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum at 88th Street

Metropolitan Museum of Art from 82nd to 86th Streets

Goethe House German Cultural Center at 82nd Street

I won't even get into the local stuff like NYFD/NYPD/MTA (Transit Museums)/Lower East Side Tenement Museum etc.

Sure the major museums have been mentioned but if you love Museums there is no shortage in NYC.

Museum Mile 5th Ave east side:

El Museo del Barrio at 104th Street

Museum of the City of New York at 103rd Street

Jewish Museum at 92nd Street

Cooper-Hewitt National Museum of Design at 91st Street

National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts at 89th Street

Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum at 88th Street

Metropolitan Museum of Art from 82nd to 86th Streets

Goethe House German Cultural Center at 82nd Street

I won't even get into the local stuff like NYFD/NYPD/MTA (Transit Museums)/Lower East Side Tenement Museum etc.

Totally different, but given a relatively short timeline, neither of us mentioned The Frick Collection. It's not huge, won't take all day, but is one of the most amazing art collections you'll ever see.

I have the yearly family member ship for the museum of natural history. So I am inclined to direct your attention to this fine museum.

We are also huge fans of MoMa where I send my kids for art workshops.

I enjoy hole in the wall top quality food. I do enjoy the dumpling man near NYU. That's been my latest go to. That's downtown

Enjoy your day in the city!

We had gotten half price tickets for "Beautiful" last year, great show, we will see it again in Dallas soon. We look for bargains for food, love Becco's on 46th and 9th great pasta for around 20 for lunch and 25 for dinner and huge wine list all at 30 dollars a bottle, also love Peking duck house in Chinatown or midtown.