Carnival MasterCard

DebbieMo

No go there. In fact they only offered 5k points total over the phone. I know I can get 10k online.

And now it becomes a waiting game (watch the 10k disappear while I'm waiting lol). [emoji568]

Darn.:( Well, good luck with that waiting game, then.:o

Hi, Pokergirl. Yes, you should be able to do that, no problem. The Cheers! purchase (and any other purchase made directly from Carnival before or during your cruise) will count as a "qualifying purchase". You'll have 180 days from when the purchase is made to "pay yourself back" for it with a statement credit. You can choose to use those 10,000 sign-up points towards your Cheers! package once both have posted to your account.:) And after using the MC to pay for Cheers!, you'll have even more than 10,000 FPs.

I am not sure, however, if you get the initial 10,000 FPs for a Carnival purchase - it's been a long time since I signed up for the card (and back then, I only got 5000 points (SeaMiles) to do so. So I am not familiar with the fine print on the current sign-up points. You might have to make a regular, non-Carnival purchase with it for those points to be awarded.

But once you've got the points, you will be able to use them for a statement credit your Cheers!:)

Thanks! I can't think of why the first purchase (to earn the bonus points) couldn't be a carnival purchase. But, to be safe, I will buy a coffee or chapstick as a "first" purchase. I am just interested in the $175 off our bottom line!:)

Thanks! I can't think of why the first purchase (to earn the bonus points) couldn't be a carnival purchase. But, to be safe, I will buy a coffee or chapstick as a "first" purchase. I am just interested in the $175 off our bottom line!:)

You're welcome. I can't think of why, either. But I haven't seen the fine print on this sign-up offer, and I'd hate to tell you one thing out of ignorance, while the rules under which you sign up might say something else entirely. That Chapstick or coffee purchase is probably a good idea, to be on the safe side. Happy sails!:)

Just received an email saying that my cc is in the mail. Nothing was said about the $75 gc...I assume it will arrive with the cc?

A couple of years ago, my Carnival MasterCard was upgraded to the World Masterdcard, which includes trip cancellation and some medical insurance. Does anyone have experience with this insurance? Is it good enough to forego getting another trip insurance?

I didn't realize the card had the trip insurance and all the other benefits it does until a fellow CCer (maybe it was you?:o) mentioned it on another thread a couple months ago. After that, I started reading up on the included benefits of this card, and a lot of them sound pretty good. I'm intrigued by the travel insurance, but have had zero experience with it. I, too, would love to hear from someone who has used it.

I have no experience with insurance on this card but on my other cards a trip must be fully paid on one card to have the insurance. If you use multiple cards to pay you don't get the benefits of the insurance

I have no experience with insurance on this card but on my other cards a trip must be fully paid on one card to have the insurance. If you use multiple cards to pay you don't get the benefits of the insurance

That makes perfect sense. And it wouldn't be an issue for me - I can't think of the last time I used a credit card other than the Carnival MC - it must have been sometime before 2005, when I got this one.

Same as Shakybeef, if I'm paying for a cruise on Carnival, you better believe it's going on this card! lol.

Shakybeef, I re-read the guide today, and it looks pretty good to me to. But I have zero experience with filing a claim.

Same as Shakybeef, if I'm paying for a cruise on Carnival, you better believe it's going on this card! lol.

Shakybeef, I re-read the guide today, and it looks pretty good to me to. But I have zero experience with filing a claim.

Haha, I was just reading the card benefits PDF about 20 seconds before I saw this post of yours!:p I found out, among other things, that my personal property bought with this card is covered in case of damage caused by spacecraft. I can't tell you what a relief that is.:cool:

As for the travel insurance, by that point in the PDF full of legalese fine print, I was going a little cross-eyed and didn't read the whole thing. But it looked like it only covers $1500 worth of trip cost? And that it doesn't cover cancellation due to illness, disease, death in family, and many other reasons.:( It looks like it's not bad for a free insurance plan, but I wouldn't count on it as my only trip insurance. Although, like I said, I didn't read the whole thing, so maybe it's not as limited as it seemed to me.

On a happy note, the baggage delay coverage sounds good: $100 per day, up to 3 days, to cover purchases of clothing, etc.:)

I wonder if you are asking about something I am also curious about...I've been trying to redeem some points, and I keep getting an "error" message. Both on the app and on my computer - anyone else having this issue?

I had it happen last week and call and they took care of it over the phone. He said they been having problems

Haha, I was just reading the card benefits PDF about 20 seconds before I saw this post of yours!:p I found out, among other things, that my personal property bought with this card is covered in case of damage caused by spacecraft. I can't tell you what a relief that is.:cool:

As for the travel insurance, by that point in the PDF full of legalese fine print, I was going a little cross-eyed and didn't read the whole thing. But it looked like it only covers $1500 worth of trip cost? And that it doesn't cover cancellation due to illness, disease, death in family, and many other reasons.:( It looks like it's not bad for a free insurance plan, but I wouldn't count on it as my only trip insurance. Although, like I said, I didn't read the whole thing, so maybe it's not as limited as it seemed to me.

On a happy note, the baggage delay coverage sounds good: $100 per day, up to 3 days, to cover purchases of clothing, etc.:)

Wait, am I misunderstanding? I thought it stated it MUST be one of those reasons?

" The Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption of the Insured

Person must be caused by or result from: 1) death, Accidental injury, disease or physical illness of the Insured Person or an Immediate Family Member of the Insured Person; or 2) default of the Common Carrier resulting from Financial Insolvency. The death, Accidental injury, disease or physical illness must be verified by a Physician and must prevent the Insured Person from traveling on a Covered Trip. "

Looks like it is pretty limited. But not a bad insurance policy, considering it's free with your card lol.

Wait, am I misunderstanding? I thought it stated it MUST be one of those reasons?

" The Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption of the Insured

Person must be caused by or result from: 1) death, Accidental injury, disease or physical illness of the Insured Person or an Immediate Family Member of the Insured Person; or 2) default of the Common Carrier resulting from Financial Insolvency. The death, Accidental injury, disease or physical illness must be verified by a Physician and must prevent the Insured Person from traveling on a Covered Trip. "

Looks like it is pretty limited. But not a bad insurance policy, considering it's free with your card lol.

Oh, you're right. It says that. I did admit I was a bit cross-eyed by the time I got to that part. I guess this proves it.:p:o The part I was referring to was:

EXCLUSIONS:

This insurance does not cover loss resulting from:

1) an Insured’s emotional trauma, mental or physical illness, disease,

pregnancy, childbirth or miscarriage, bacterial or viral infection (except

bacterial infection caused by an accident or from accidental consumption

of a substance contaminated by bacteria), or bodily malfunctions;

2) suicide, attempted suicide or intentionally self inflicted injuries;

3) declared or undeclared war, but war does not include acts of terrorism;

4) travel between the Insured Person’s residence and regular place of

employment. 5) an accident occurring while an Insured is in, entering, or

exiting any aircraft while acting or training as a pilot or crew member, but

this exclusion does not apply to passenger who temporarily perform pilot

or crew functions in a life threatening emergency.

So, I guess the exclusions part is referring to other financial losses that might occur due to those circumstances, not the cruise fare loss? Oh well, I hope I never have to use it so that I never have to wade through all that doublespeak legalese.:rolleyes:

Edited by ShakyBeef

I too absolutely recommend everyone getting a rewards card of some type and paying it off monthly to avoid interest. I did use my Carnival card for onboard credit until a "wise" fellow cruiser at the balcony next door one glorious morning explained how she was on a free cruise. I started saving my points and what do you know, I was that person a couple cruises later boasting about how my cruise was FREE, I also took advantage of the multiplier. 100,000 points covers a $1500 fare. Since then I personally switched from the Carnival card to another Barclay card the Arrival card, it does have an annual fee after the first year but it pays 2% on absolutely all purchases and has Rewards Boost as well plus 40,000 point sign up bonus if you use your card for a set amount in purchases in the first 3 months or so. Don't really remember the criteria but it was definitely achievable. Plus, you get back something like 10% of your redeemed points to re-use. I'll find out how it all goes next year, currently working on putting a BIG dent in my future Alaskan Cruise expenses. I say go for it fellow cruisers!!!!

Edited by Gwing

Is there something I am missing? Just received my carnival master card...when I applied the email stated I would receive a $75 carnival gift card...I did not...does that come later?

Yes but I don't recall the exact when it arrives.

Just updating that I was able to get to the point redemption screen today on the app. :)

Yes, I'm able to get to the FP redemption page, too. It started working for me a couple days ago.:) Hopefully it will be working properly for everyone now.

Tried to use my last 7500 pts for a $75 Bar OBC for my cruise, but the VISTA is still NOT listed in the drop down menu.... blegh

Just use your FPs for a statement credit towards any Carnival purchase.;)

Just use your FPs for a statement credit towards any Carnival purchase.;)

I have 7,594 FPs. When I do what you said I can get a $50 credit for 5,000 pts and then I would be left with 2,594 points left over?? I am gonna use my other CC for the rest of cruise payment because it has a great intro offer that I need to obtain in 3 months which would be worth $500 cash in my pocket. What would I use these remaining FPs for? Can I apply that small amount to another Carnival purchase? TIA -- Dan

Is there something I am missing? Just received my carnival master card...when I applied the email stated I would receive a $75 carnival gift card...I did not...does that come later?

It says the gift card will be sent electronically within 3 to 4 weeks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I have 7,594 FPs. When I do what you said I can get a $50 credit for 5,000 pts and then I would be left with 2,594 points left over?? I am gonna use my other CC for the rest of cruise payment because it has a great intro offer that I need to obtain in 3 months which would be worth $500 cash in my pocket. What would I use these remaining FPs for? Can I apply that small amount to another Carnival purchase? TIA -- Dan

You can use it for any carnival purchase...and sometimes other purchases. A lot of my hotel purchases show up as something I can use my points for. As you can see below, my pre-cruise hotel popped up on mine. I'm saving up 100k points because 100k can be redeemed for $1,500.

eb069489771879ceace631fa0d7d543c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk