Need more Voom Internet

A few short years ago this whole post would be pointless. Your on vacation. Put your devices away and embrace being unplugged for a week. The cruise community can read your review after the cruise not during. Your Facebook friends, buisiness associates and even yor kids will be fine for a week without you!

That is really nice in theory but there are those that need to check in with loved ones. I have a Mom with Alzheimers and need to check in, my voice can reassure her & keep her even. I can facetime with relatives help, without the technology of today I would have to forgo vacations totally.

FYI, I dont even think Voom was existent when Navigator and Adventure had their dry docks.

2014 & 2015 ? You bet it was! Maybe it was not called Voom yet, but it was in existence. I had a stay logged on Family internet package on the Allure in 2012 and again for NYE 2013-2014 we had the 2 device plan, and on the Oasis last February. Both were awesome!

2014 & 2015 ? You bet it was! Maybe it was not called Voom yet, but it was in existence. I had a stay logged on Family internet package on the Allure in 2012 and again for NYE 2013-2014 we had the 2 device plan, and on the Oasis last February. Both were awesome!

A set of satellite antennae were first installed on Oasis in early 2014.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1085/boatloads-of-bandwidth-a-new-wow-for-oasis-and-allure/

A set of satellite antennae were first installed on Oasis in early 2014.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1085/boatloads-of-bandwidth-a-new-wow-for-oasis-and-allure/

Again they had high speed internet on the Allure in February 2012 and for New Years 13/14 Voom or not I paid for it I used it! It was awesome

Again they had high speed internet on the Allure in February 2012 and for New Years 13/14 Voom or not I paid for it I used it! It was awesome

Hope they have it already or will have it on Voyager when we sail next January.

• 2 months later...

As all ships got Voom this month I guess it was not as hard to install as some posted! [emoji33][emoji13][emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You may think Internet on Allure in 2012 may have been awesome, but officially the first ship to have high speed VOOM was Quantum in Nov 2014. I think technically Oasis had it on the TA that year about a month earlier but RCI made a big deal about the debut on Quantum. BTW, VOOM could not have been possible in 2012 as the O3B sats were not even in orbit then.

Is there a list anywhere that shows which ships have been upgraded to faster Internet and which have not?

The VOOM roll call thread is being updated as confirmed reports of VOOM availability come in.

The RCI marketing may make you think so, but, the reality on most ships is that it is not available.

So it is easier to find Trolls on Cruise Critic than Voom on RCI ! rofl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app