Account Management - online checkin question

PATRLR

OK Carnival experts - hoping you can guide me on this one.

I've got two cabins booked, myself and DW in one, DD and two friends in the other (all over 18). Two separate booking numbers.

I've done online check-in for myself, DW and DD. I'd like to have the two friends do their own online check-in. But, it seems to me that in order for them to do that, I'd need to give them access to my Carnival Account. Is that correct?

Alternatively, I could do it for them, I have most of their information. The only thing I don't have is a credit card to set up their account. I am going to need CC information to set up their accounts, aren't I?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

They can either give you their credit card nos or you can log into the account and have them do it themselves with you.

I suppose you could also give them your log in info but I don't think that is necessary unless you are confident they wouldn't somehow pass it on anywhere else.

I've had my sister's log in info so that I could buy things for her but of course I wouldn't abuse it.

Sounds like the cash account is the easiest way to go. For all I know, that may be exactly what they want (not everyone charges everything like I do :)).

thanks for your help everyone.

We're on the Victory March 13 (4 night Bahamas) out of PC.

I see that I can pre=purchase the soda package, is there any real advantage to doing it before hand? Will I avoid long lines? Will I be able to go straight to any bar, or, will I need to go to my cabin, find the paperwork and then go to some specific location?

They can set up their own account at carnival.com, then will only need the booking number to finish their booking. but they will be able to see if anything else has been ordered for their booking number. (excursions, etc through Carnival.)

Or, set up as cash. Either way is fine. And if they decide to switch from cash to CC at the port it only takes a couple ofm inutes to do!

They can easily just create their own Carnival account and do it themselves. They just need to go to Carnival's homepage. Hover mouse over manage, click online check in. Near the bottom of the screen click on create an account. During the enrollment there is a place to click to indicate that you are currently booked on a Carnival cruise. Just make sure they have the booking number, ship name, and sail date. Then they will be able to enter their own information and complete the online check in for themselves.

My friend and I cruise together all the time and we both have separate accounts. We just check in ourselves only and let the other person handle their part of the check in.

As far as bottomless bubbles, when you book online I think they just give you the sticker at check in instead of waiting to get it on board. The only real advantage to booking it online would just be that it is one more charge you don't have to worry about going on your on board account

I have two cabins as well. One for myself and DH and one for DD, DS and DD's boyfriend - all over 18 as well. I was able to link the bookings (I believe all you need is the booking number) and check in for all. I had all DD and DS's info and the boyfriend gave me all his info including credit card number. Easy Peasy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You don't need to enter a credit card number before getting to the ship. They have scan the card anyway....

We haven't had a card scanned for the past several cruises.

Edited by SadieN

They didn't scan cards last week. EM

But it is no big deal if they need to.

I always set my account as cash because I do not trust the carnival site and I do not want it to have my credit card info.

When I check in at the port, I hand my cc over and they zip it thru.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk