Wow -- Customer "Service"

Cindy

Absolutely agree, Cindy! Being misinformed is sometimes forgivable, but deliberate rudeness is not. There are just too many polite, competent people out there who are looking for jobs!

Right.

The only problem being the dichotomy between being a consumer in some societies where rude and misinformed is a right but not when you are the "server". Le sigh.

I want to think about this for a while before I post it.

Goodness, having read the thread, It is probably best to get it out of the system by getting it off your chest and then forget it. Just don't let it ruin your cruise.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Maybe he wants to quit and can't pull the trigger himself.

Can't imagine Celebrity promoting this type of behavior nor allowing it when they are aware of it. Also, one would wonder was this just one call or has this behavior been towards others also. You would think someone would alert Celebrity if it is a pattern of behavior.

I had an employee go off the deep end once and we fired him and he filed for unemployment. You never know, but for sure if I were Celebrity I would want to know.

AND for sure do not let it effect your cruise!

Edited by shipshape sam

Wow, that sucks. I would NOT have been pleased and may have asked to speak to his supervisor. As a manager myself, we like to know things and we can't take care of problems if we don't know they exist. I worked for Disney in college and it's established in me a VERY high expectation for customer service.

That said sometimes I try to remind myself that customer service people are human. I don't currently deal with the public in my office job, but last year I had a very difficult time with a lot of stuff going wrong. Some of it was physical, where my hormones were out of control. I wasn't sleeping and life just kept piling on me. I'm told that I'm known to be the upbeat, positive person in the office, but even I found myself at times pushed to my absolute breaking point and a couple of times snapping at someone when before I would have had much more patience and handed the situation with grace.

So when I get up in arms over crappy telephone service, if it's a company that I usually have stellar service from, then I tell myself that maybe they're having a bad day. Maybe his wife is in the hospital and he's having money troubles and he can't get any time off work and he's not sleeping and he's pushed to the absolute limit of what he can handle and all day he's been fielding calls from people asking dumb questions and/or getting upset with him over things he has no control. On a normal day he'd have no problem, but today he just can't anymore and he's stuck because he can't take the day off and his boss won't even let him take a break.

If it's a company that usually has stellar service, I assume that everyone who works there has stellar service and am more likely to cut someone slack if they treat me badly. It may still be worth a call to the manager, just so he can help the guy, if needed, or address if it's a bigger issue. Now, if the company has repeated issues like that then I drop them. If a company doesn't place a value on customer service then they don't deserve my hard earned dollars.

Just don't let it ruin your cruise.:D

AND for sure do not let it effect your cruise!

No worries...it would take LOT more than one agent with an attitude problem to ruin a vacation!:D

No worries...it would take LOT more than one agent with an attitude problem to ruin a vacation!:D

That's the best attitude to have!

I called once because my final payment was made via the website (argh!) and it still showed that there was a balance due and they would cancel my cruise if I didn't pay it. I just didn't want to be on the phone that day but also didn't want them to cancel the cruise so called Celebrity. This one clerk said that they could raise the prices any time they wished....even after final payment was made. I proceeded to tell her 'you can't do that'....but she insisted she was right. I even had a reminder invoice from earlier that week showing what I owed that I forwarded to her but no, she was bound and determined to be right. I asked to speak to one of her supervisors.....and guess what, she hung up on me. I don't think I was being difficult but I did make my argument as to why they couldn't just arbitrarily charge me a couple hundred dollars more than what I owed.

I called back and got it all straightened out. Yes, my first thought was that she was either new or wanted to collect unemployment. Anyhow, when I called back, her teammate tried to cover for her and didn't want for me to complain to a supervisor and stated she was just finishing her shift. Really? So, don't transfer me to someone that could help me but rather, just hang up on me? I was floored!! The second rep, although fixing the issue for me, just didn't want to transfer me to a supervisor but I finally got her name and did call back the following day to speak to her to let her know that after waiting on hold forever, it is never acceptable to have the rep hang up on a customer simply because she thought I was wrong (which wasn't the case!). Not sure of the outcome but, boy, did it feel good to get that off my chest.

Now, as mentioned before, I have had some of the best, most helpful reps down there but some just get my blood boiling. Thank goodness they are few and far between!!