Wow -- Customer "Service"

Cindy

LOL at C-Dragons and Rob the Cruiser!:D

Sorry to those who don't understand why this thread exists. I actually posted a bit of a rant then decided I wanted to mull it over and think about if it was justified or if I was over-reacting. I tried to delete the thread, but I couldn't.

A brief summary -- I had a REALLY unpleasant conversation with a Celebrity rep. this morning -- I was pretty shocked at the way I was spoken (down) to. In 16 years of cruising it was the only time I've had a bad experience with the person on the other end of the line. Frankly, it shocked me, which is why I posted.

Sorry to those who don't understand why this thread exists. I actually posted a bit of a rant then decided I wanted to mull it over and think about if it was justified or if I was over-reacting. I tried to delete the thread, but I couldn't.

A brief summary -- I had a REALLY unpleasant conversation with a Celebrity rep. this morning -- I was pretty shocked at the way I was spoken (down) to. In 16 years of cruising it was the only time I've had a bad experience with the person on the other end of the line. Frankly, it shocked me, which is why I posted.

A bit of humor works wonders now and then. :)

So, Cindy, you have my undivided attention. Please give the details of your conversation.

You can continue....sometimes we are good listeners. :)

PS -- I have had some pretty awful reps down at Celebrity, but the excellent ones far outweigh the bad ones. If no satisfaction, maybe call back and see if you get through to one that knows the meaning of customer service.

I read your post before you removed it. I too had a WOW experience with a CC rep. I chalked it up to being someone new who wanted to impress with his knowledge. I was annoyed at first but eventually found it amusing since after 13 cruises with Celebrity I knew more than he did. Got my issue resolved by calling our CVP.

So sorry you had a bad experience.

But we did have a good thing going there for a minute or two... ;) ;) Nudge, nudge. :D

A conversation with my travel agent the other day: He said "if you talk to two Celebrity reps, you'll get three opinions". I know it's an old joke but I still like it. I really wish they'd do some decent training with the people who answer the phones.

I had a REALLY unpleasant encounter with a rep at Captain's Club this week, and that has never, ever happened to me in twelve years of sailing with Celebrity. I have always found the Captain's Club reps to be just awesome-- totally knowledgeable and so helpful.

This one, though, was really rude and dismissive. She insisted that something that I was asking to be done could NOT be done and had NEVER been done. I knew it HAD been done for others, and had ALWAYS been done for me personally. I was aware that all I had to do was call in again and speak to another rep, which I did, and had the issue resolved in minutes. What shocked me was the direct rudeness, and as you said, the condescending attitude of the first agent.

I had the same experience with a rude, dismissive (and it turns out ill informed) Princess rep last month. We've been cruising with them for 40 years and that was the first rude (although not the first ill informed) rep I've ever run into.

I waited an hour, called back and got someone really, really nice who resolved my problem.

I only wish I'd had the ID of the first rep so I could report her.

Here's my post from earlier. I'm going ahead and reposting it because I really don't think I over-reacted...

I'm so puzzled right now. I just, for the first time in 16 years of cruising, got off the phone with a cruise line representative and I'm shaking my head at the way I was spoken to.

I have a cruise on the Equinox in 9 days. I received a call from the concierge desk on March 3rd, so I wasn't expecting any more pre-cruise communication. Celebrity called again late yesterday, but hung up when I answered.:(

I called back this morning to verify everything is still in order, and I was spoken to like I'm a complete and utter fool. The agent (I so wish I had made a note of his name) told me I didn't know what I was talking about, and when I tried to clarify he told me I needed to stop cutting him off and let him talk! He kept insisting the only call Celebrity made was on March 3rd. When I continued to reiterate there was another call he finally asked for my booking number, then proceeded to go through the reservation line by line. When he was done I said something about there doesn't seem to be a problem so I guess everything is still in order, and I got an "I told you it was just the concierge."

I was just floored...I always read posts like this with a grain of skepticism, and think maybe the caller was at fault, but I can assure you I pretty much got spoken to like dirt for asking a simple question. I found the agent's attitude sarcastic and off-putting. Luckily I've cruised many times and I know that kind of call is the exception not the rule, but if I was a first time cruiser I would really be questioning my decision.

Just venting...customer service on the ship is important, but so is shoreside service.

Edited by Cindy

there does seem to be more of this sort of post, and along with the "food is not what it used to be", I was also sceptical that maybe people's experience was a one of. Sadly, after having some repeat issues ourselves along the lines of what people are saying, now I read the smug replies of "it has never happened to me " and hope for their sake that it doesn't.

I hope for you this is a one time negative experience, and that your cruise is a good one. :)

I had a REALLY unpleasant encounter with a rep at Captain's Club this week, and that has never, ever happened to me in twelve years of sailing with Celebrity. I have always found the Captain's Club reps to be just awesome-- totally knowledgeable and so helpful.

This one, though, was really rude and dismissive. She insisted that something that I was asking to be done could NOT be done and had NEVER been done. I knew it HAD been done for others, and had ALWAYS been done for me personally. I was aware that all I had to do was call in again and speak to another rep, which I did, and had the issue resolved in minutes. What shocked me was the direct rudeness, and as you said, the condescending attitude of the first agent.

"It's not what he doesn't know that bothers me. It's what he knows for sure, and just ain't so."

- Roy Rogers

- Joel

We had never had rude Celebrity agents but we had used the web site to book our trip and then we called and modified it several times adding things. We looked at it and and it was so messed up we canceled and rebooked. The agent messed that up too. After calling several times we found one agent that referred us to their resolution department. All was fixed. So if you have issues with an agent ask for them to transfer you to the resolution department. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Given your extensive cruise history I'm shocked and jealous that this is your first bad experience . ;) For the most part my experiences have been positive , but certainly not all of them . Good luck on this being a single unfortunate incident .

Given your extensive cruise history I'm shocked and jealous that this is your first bad experience . ;) For the most part my experiences have been positive , but certainly not all of them . Good luck on this being a single unfortunate incident .

When I said bad, I meant rude and condescending like the agent I spoke with this morning. Please note I didn't say I always get correct information.:D If I expand "bad" to include "uninformed" or "incorrect" this certainly wasn't an isolated incident.:p

At any rate, I hope I'm lucky and go another 16 years without a problem!:)

When I said bad, I meant rude and condescending like the agent I spoke with this morning. Please note I didn't say I always get correct information.:D If I expand "bad" to include "uninformed" or "incorrect" this certainly wasn't an isolated incident.:p

At any rate, I hope I'm lucky and go another 16 years without a problem!:)

Absolutely agree, Cindy! Being misinformed is sometimes forgivable, but deliberate rudeness is not. There are just too many polite, competent people out there who are looking for jobs!