What is your favorite memory on a cruise ship?

I was wondering if you could pick one favorite moment you experienced on a cruise ship, what would it be.

Mine was on the Radiance in 2009, repositioning cruise from Vancouver via Alaska to San Diego. We were supposed to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge around 6 am. Got up at 5, showered and dressed and went to the helipad to find out you couldn't see your hand in front of your face because of the fog. Lots of people out there and we had so much fun. Hearing the fog horn every minute or so in that complete darkness gave me ghoosebumps.

Cindy

I have two!! Can't decide between them.

Receiving a beautiful ring at dinner for our tenth anniversary. The waiter and head waiter were in on the surprise.

We took our youngest son on The Liberty for his college graduation.and his older brother and wife showed up to surprise him. I will never forget the look on his face.

Took my Sister in law on her first cruise, the maiden voyage for the Allure. After we walked up the ramp and entered the Promenade she commented "oh look a little shopping mall before you get on the ship" She didn't believe me when I told her we were already onboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We were on the Freedom a few years back, Our son requires a wheelchair, He has a neurological disease that effects all motor function. He is unable to walk at all. We were sitting watching people on the flowrider, and one the crew saw my son and asked if he would be able to do this. We said we weren't sure, but he would love the opportunity to try. They told us to come back to the flowrider just before the closing hour and they would be ready for him. We went back a bit later and sure enough they were ready. Several crew members carried my son (who at the time was around 15 and not small) and put him on a board and when he fell off they put him back on. This went on for a while, I'm crying right now just thinking about the smile on his face.

Everyone around passengers and crew cheered and cried, and I received pictures and videos in the mail from people all around who captured it, because I was so emotional I forgot to take pictures!LOL He was a rock star the rest of the cruise. People were so happy for him. Hands down one of the most memorable and best experiences of our life.

They will never know what that meant to us. We will never forget the kindness they showed our son.

I was wondering if you could pick one favorite moment you experienced on a cruise ship, what would it be.

Mine was on the Radiance in 2009, repositioning cruise from Vancouver via Alaska to San Diego. We were supposed to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge around 6 am. Got up at 5, showered and dressed and went to the helipad to find out you couldn't see your hand in front of your face because of the fog. Lots of people out there and we had so much fun. Hearing the fog horn every minute or so in that complete darkness gave me ghoosebumps.

Cindy

Meeting some very special friends on the Voyager of the Seas.We developed a quick, close bond and after a couple of years one of them passed away at a very young age. They say everything happens for a reason and we were very lucky to call this very special person a friend, even if it was for a very short period of time.

Edited by Lady Luck T

Oh my god, I am crying. Sometimes people can really surprise us.

They really can! Going on Allure in 2017 and hoping we might have the same kind of people. He has a few bucket list items he would like to do:)

,He was a rock star the rest of the cruise. People were so happy for him. Hands down one of the most memorable and best experiences of our life.

They will never know what that meant to us. We will never forget the kindness they showed our son.

What joy that day gave not just your family, but to everyone who participated.

There are moments of such grace in our lives like that, never to be forgotten.

Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok mine is more fun than special, but my husband and I invented our own game of sorts on the Allure a couple of years ago. We made up our own race/scavenger hunt of sorts, and we continue to play it at different places. It's a household tradition, so much that it is deemed the ****** House Olympics (just FYI, the stars are representative of our last name, not a bad word!). We will certainly replicate this on any subsequent cruise as well. I'd also like to point out that I won the inaugural game, and I am currently the two-time recurring champ.

Not necessarily a single moment memory. But, I had cruised before and my wife hadn't. When we booked our first cruise I tried to tell her about it and how much fun we would have. She was a little skeptical and really not sure how she would like it. From the moment she walked on to the Jewel of the Seas she was hooked. Now, she doesn't like to go more than a few months without cruising. That memory of her initial reaction and how she became an immediate fan of crusing is my favorite memory.

Cruising two months after 9/11. Our ship had multiple Coast Guard ships alongside in port, along with divers and two choppers overhead. It was eerie...

We were in the dining room having lunch on our Transatlantic cruise ( the middle of the Atlantic Ocean ) when the planes hit the World Trade Center !

We had to fly home from London afterwards. We were scared to death !!

We were on the Freedom a few years back, Our son requires a wheelchair, He has a neurological disease that effects all motor function. He is unable to walk at all. We were sitting watching people on the flowrider, and one the crew saw my son and asked if he would be able to do this. We said we weren't sure, but he would love the opportunity to try. They told us to come back to the flowrider just before the closing hour and they would be ready for him. We went back a bit later and sure enough they were ready. Several crew members carried my son (who at the time was around 15 and not small) and put him on a board and when he fell off they put him back on. This went on for a while, I'm crying right now just thinking about the smile on his face.

Everyone around passengers and crew cheered and cried, and I received pictures and videos in the mail from people all around who captured it, because I was so emotional I forgot to take pictures!LOL He was a rock star the rest of the cruise. People were so happy for him. Hands down one of the most memorable and best experiences of our life.

What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it.

On the Vision, Mexican Riviera itinerary. We were in Cabo, and, as we were leaving the bay, the Captain announced that everyone should go outside. After we passed Los Archos, and were back out in the Pacific, we saw the most unbelievable sunset ever.

The captain slowly rotated the ship 360 degrees so everyone, regardless of their view , could see nature's beauty.

Plus it was on my wife's 50th birthday.

I, of course took credit for arranging it for her birthday.

Your story made me cry. Thanks for sharing.

I was going to say, wining the $5,000 jackpot bingo on the Disney Dream, but the truth is that it wasn't. My children and friends usually go with me to play bingo but that day no-one showed up. I was happy for the money but disappointed because I didn't have anyone by my side to share my excitement. BTW, our British waiter didn't like me, when we told her that I won the jackpot bingo she looked disappointed. :D

Edited by drarill

In March 2014, we took our daughter on her first cruise, out of Sydney, Australia. We had promised her, if we ever had the chance to go to Australia, we would take her. She ended up going on two additional cruises that time, as we cruised back to Honolulu and the Hawaii back to Vancouver. She is now due back from a 3 week trip in Australia traveling with a friend she met on our NZ cruise in 2014.

Thank you for sharing this amazing story. It makes my heart glad to hear of such kindness.

Edited by MommaBear55