About to oull the trigger

kzengineer

I am about to book the Summit for the July 31st sail to Bermuda. I was seeing on other websites that they are offering additional OBC (between 25-100) more than the Celebrity site itself. Being my first cruise I would feel more comfortable booking with the line itself. Will they match the OBC on other sites?

Also, I have cruised one time and that was NCL, can someone explaine how the dining works on Celebrity? Thanks!!

I am about to book the Summit for the July 31st sail to Bermuda. I was seeing on other websites that they are offering additional OBC (between 25-100) more than the Celebrity site itself. Being my first cruise I would feel more comfortable booking with the line itself. Will they match the OBC on other sites?

Also, I have cruised one time and that was NCL, can someone explaine how the dining works on Celebrity? Thanks!!

Celebrity has two types of dining in the MDR, traditional or casual. Traditional has two seating times usually around 6 and another around 8. Time may vary by half hour or so. With traditional you are seated in a table with from two to usually 8 people and you have the same seats and tablemates every night.

Select dining is also in the MDR but you eat whenever you want. You may make a reservation or you can just show up. You will most likely be seated with your party but you can ask to sit with others. Problem with this can be that they may not start serving until the table fills up.

Specialty dining is paid dining, different ships have different restaurants.

Luminae is a special dining room for Suite Patrons only, Blu is a restaurant for Aqua Class or suite patrons.

I would think you would do better with perks from a TA, they need to give incentive otherwise most would just book with the Cruiseline.

When we book with the cruise line they give us whatever perks they give us. Then we transfer to an big online TA and they give us more on board credit.

When we book directly with the TA they give us exactly what Celebrity will give us. Then they also add in extra perks.

Suggest you check the East Coast Departure board especially the Port Liberty 411 thread. Lots of info from great people on the port, hotels, airport, etc.

Here's a link to the board, also check the Bermuda board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

I've never heard of Celebrity matching the extra Obc or other benefits, usually prepaid gratuities we receive from our large TA.

To OP, there is really no reason not to book with a TA, but u need to do what you feel most comfortable with.

I booked the June 12th Summit cruise to Bermuda last Saturday. What I did to take advantage of the price and offers Celebrity was offering was to book directly with them. On Tuesday I then transferred my booking to a travel agent who gave me free parking in Bayonne (worth about $140) and another $225 in OBC. Not too bad. I got to keep the Celebrity perks of the classic beverage package and $300 OBC. The price actually went up too the day after I booked. I would not hesitate to do everything the same in the future.

I booked the June 12th Summit cruise to Bermuda last Saturday. What I did to take advantage of the price and offers Celebrity was offering was to book directly with them. On Tuesday I then transferred my booking to a travel agent who gave me free parking in Bayonne (worth about $140) and another $225 in OBC. Not too bad. I got to keep the Celebrity perks of the classic beverage package and $300 OBC. The price actually went up too the day after I booked. I would not hesitate to do everything the same in the future.

how do you book with the cruise line and then transfer?

how do you book with the cruise line and then transfer?

GO to the Already Booked tab, then scroll to FAQ, and there is a link to the transfer page where you put in your name, booking number and TA phone number

I booked my cruise with the big bulk TA and here's why. The big bulk TA was giving a $500 OBC Plus the Celebrity Website of $300 totaling $800 OBC. I called Celebrity and they only matched the $500, that was it. I'm still $300 ahead :) so far.

Thanks all! I booked with a big website and am very happy with the price! I got an A2 suit with $200 OBC and tips for about $2600 all in for two of us. I think that is a pretty good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks all! I booked with a big website and am very happy with the price! I got an A2 suit with $200 OBC and tips for about $2600 all in for two of us. I think that is a pretty good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Right on and enjoy your Cruise.