Mid-ship balcony room - Empress Deck on Fantasy Class..

esdoorn

We booked an ocean view room in July for our anniversary...our first cruise.

Now I'm obsessing over a suite.

It's 1k extra and I'm not frivolous but I'm obsessing I would not be comfortable when in the room without a sofa or comfy chair to relax.

People have said we will not be in the room much but it's our anniversary so we will be from time to time LOL.

Advice?

Only 6 penthouse suites left.

It's more than we need but it's the only upgrade choice available since we want to stay midship being our first cruise.

TIA!

Edited by workerbee01

We booked an ocean view room in July for our anniversary...our first cruise.

Now I'm obsessing over a suite.

It's 1k extra and I'm not frivolous but I'm obsessing I would not be comfortable when in the room without a sofa or comfy chair to relax.

People have said we will not be in the room much but it's our anniversary so we will be from time to time LOL.

Advice?

Only 6 penthouse suites left.

It's more than we need but it's the only upgrade choice available since we want to stay midship being our first cruise.

TIA!

For all the cabins with sofas that I've had, I don't think I've ever sat on one sofa. I've used the sofa to spread clothes out, hold gear, even put my luggage there for a bit, but never to sit on. They don't look that comfortable to me anyway.

Mid ship Empress deck on a Fantasy class ship could be an issue.

-What's above you? Some cabins could be under the galley.

-How close are you to the Atrium? At night there can be music until late.

-What's the traffic flow route at debarkation? Seen some horrendous lines going aft from the Atrium, Shore Excursion desk side (port?)

Edited by SadieN

Mid ship Empress deck on a Fantasy class ship could be an issue.

-What's above you? Some cabins could be under the galley.

-How close are you to the Atrium? At night there can be music until late.

-What's the traffic flow route at debarkation? Seen some horrendous lines going aft from the Atrium, Shore Excursion desk side (port?)

Stateroom is E91 (balcony):

1) It isn't under the galley.....looks like it is under the fantasy diningroom

2) It is down the hallway from the Atrium

3) Don't care of debarking as we will stay on ship as long as we can as we are staying over a night after our cruise gets back and flying out the next day. Want to just enjoy ourselves and not rush around.

Consider a bigger ship, maybe a longer cruise. You'd likely save money as there are more balconies from which to chose

Cruise is already booked. Chose the one that best met our needs as to departure date and the ports of call. It's our first cruise, so I am sure just being on any ship will be fine. Please we thought it best to start with a smaller ship so we don't feel lost and get a feel for taking cruises to see if it is something we should do more often then going to AI's.

3) Don't care of debarking as we will stay on ship as long as we can as we are staying over a night after our cruise gets back and flying out the next day. Want to just enjoy ourselves and not rush around.

Have not looks where E91 is. The forward MDR is used breakfast/brunch and dinner.

The issue becomes the line snaking down the hallway to get off. Hard to get out of the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Empress deck doesn't have balcony cabins. Veranda deck does. They are all forward. V30 is first that isn't obstructed. Upper deck has grand suites.

See deck plans on cruisedeckplans.com

****Carnival Sensation Stateroom E91. Cabin # E91 is a Category 8D - Balcony Stateroom located on "Empress Deck".****