Regal princess Blog Mar 6-13

wdblake

We called the pursers desk and asked for the missing pages of the directory for the room service complimentary items. They sent up a guy who tried to tell us that breakfast was the room service menu. When I mentioned that you used to be able to get a burger and sandwiches delivered to your room he told me I could go to deck 16 and get those. The only option for room service without a fee now is a limited breakfast menu.

This is still showing on the Princess website...

24-HOUR ROOM SERVICE

We offer 24-hour complimentary room service when you want to enjoy a quiet moment in your cabin munching on a club sandwich or maybe that slice of chocolate fudge cake. For times that call for a romantic in-cabin evening, a balcony dinner with endless ocean views, and maybe even a little bubbly, can be just the trick – just pick up the phone and make your reservation.

We had the choice of many different cruise lines running out of Ft Lauderdale this weekend. One of the reasons we went with Princess is the complimentary room service. If any different this will be a big deal for us.

This has been an adventure in bureaucracy. When we first arrived in our stateroom I noticed that the complimentary room service menu was missing from the book. We brought this up to our cabin steward Marlin (sweet guy, bad English). We really didn't get anywhere. So we called guest services who sent up a guy with only the pay for pages and not the complimentary pages (again sweet guy, bad English). When we asked sweet guy bad English what if we want to get a hamburger he replied desk 16.

Today in passing I went to guest services to confirm they still had complimentary room service (nice girl, better English). She said they did and that we should call room service and have them bring us a menu. We called room service who agreed they still delivered various items and while they said it was not their job to provide with the missing pages they sent a guy (nice guy, good English) with a copy of the room service order form and all the usual stuff was there. Now we need to get with Marlin (sweet guy, bad English) to let him know he needs to replace the missing pages.

The moral of the story...don't swipe the room service pages please! If you can't find the pages in your book ask immediately. They offer the usual variety of hot dogs, hamburgers, salads and sandwiches.

This has been an adventure in bureaucracy. When we first arrived in our stateroom I noticed that the complimentary room service menu was missing from the book. We brought this up to our cabin steward Marlin (sweet guy, bad English). We really didn't get anywhere. So we called guest services who sent up a guy with only the pay for pages and not the complimentary pages (again sweet guy, bad English). When we asked sweet guy bad English what if we want to get a hamburger he replied desk 16.

Today in passing I went to guest services to confirm they still had complimentary room service (nice girl, better English). She said they did and that we should call room service and have them bring us a menu. We called room service who agreed they still delivered various items and while they said it was not their job to provide with the missing pages they sent a guy (nice guy, good English) with a copy of the room service order form and all the usual stuff was there. Now we need to get with Marlin (sweet guy, bad English) to let him know he needs to replace the missing pages.

The moral of the story...don't swipe the room service pages please! If you can't find the pages in your book ask immediately. They offer the usual variety of hot dogs, hamburgers, salads and sandwiches.

Good to hear.:D

We awoke bright and early and when we went up to do our mile walk we noticed the scrambling for chairs had already begun (7am). We walked and went to the buffet for breakfast only to find a pleasant surprise. Today is the chocolate breakfast buffet. I felt like one of the kids in Willy Wonka. The was a chocolate fountain with many items for dipping. I had the french toast stuffed with Nutella with was wonderful to say the least. There was chocolate bread and butter pudding, chocolate oatmeal, peanut butter cookies covered in chocolate, oatmeal cookies covered in chocolate, chocolate donuts, a variety of chocolate puddings and deserts, chocolate pancakes, chocolate waffles, chocolate croissant, chocolate and hazelnut swirled pastry, chocolate muffins, and chocolate banana bread...whew! My favorite was of course the nutella french toast which was two peices of thick french toast with a generous helping of nutella and thinly sliced strawberries in between. Sugar Rush!!!

We waddled to our chairs and enjoyed the cool air and sunshine of the morning.

At noon they had the BBQ buffet. The regular buffet opens at 11am but the BBQ comes out at noon. This buffet was very good and should not be missed. There was Cheesy potatoes au gratin (super delicious), baked macaroni and cheese, stuffed bell peppers, baked beans, corn on the cob, baked potato with all the fixings (sour cream, chives, bacon), they had four kinds of french fries which included plain, garlic butter, spicy cajun, and chili (the spice not actual chili). There was BBQ salmon, bbq pork belly (kind of chewy but ok), Memphis pork ribs (which were very meaty and spiced a little more than the ribs you get at the Trident grill), honey glazed wings, and a rich bourbon brisket. At the end they had a carving station with pork belly, chicken, brisket and roast duck.

We returned to our seats well fed. We ordered two Mohitos which were very good but with the gratuity cam out to over $20 for two drinks. Crooners has a happy hour from 3pm to 4pm where you can buy one drink get the next for a dollar.

You can also buy some of the Seawitch beer unopened for gifting (my boys are craft beer junkies) however if you do this get the IPA before it sells out. There are three Seawitch beers, an IPA, an Alaskan red, and a blond. We got my boys the blond and red but the IPA was tapped out.

A cruise suggestion for you all. Ask your room steward for a large bucket of ice everytime he cleans the room. That way after a hot day by the pool you have a big bucket of cold ice water to enjoy. When he refreshes it at night you have a source of cold ice water to drink if you wake up thirsty (which I tend to do).

We spent the afternoon listening to DJ Q who spun a variety of tunes from hip hop to Van Halen. The band Rhapsody took the stage afterward but I think a better name for the band would be Disharmony as several of the band members were totally off key.

They had a Mr Sexy legs contest which is always funny.

We decided to get more Alfredo’s, we are truely addicted to the veal pasta. The pizza of the day is BBQ chicken with red onion, corn, cilantro, cherry tomatoes and smoked mozzerella. It was very good.

We went to the American buffet which had a really good prime rib and baked Mac and cheese.

International cafe had a tomato and swiss quiche and a steak and kidney pie.

The prego pizza of the day was four cheese.

We spent the afternoon packing for our voyage home. We got the 6:10am self debark since we hae a long drive home. Overall this has been the best cruise ship to have an uncruise on. The deck layout was perfect for enjoying the pool during port days. The buffet was so good we never missed the idea of eating in the dining room. The selection of movies made skipping the shows very easy. If you are cruising for the ports or just want to relax this ship is top notch! May have to return again for another uncruise!

I have taken a boat load of food pictures but need a good site to create a shared album. Let me know of a good picture site to dump all these food pics! I will do a review when I get home. Happy cruising and enjoy this wonderful ship!

Thank you for your comments. We were on the same cruise and had an amazing and relaxing time. You are right about the Veal Pasta at Alfredos....fabulous! Also, The Crown Grill should not be missed. The filet mignon melted like butter in your mouth...decadent. can't wait to get back on the Regal..... hmmmm... will need to book another cruise for sure. It was a great holiday.

We were on this cruise as well and it was awesome! We ate all of our meals in the buffet or the Crown Grille and have no complaints at all. The service and food were all top notch. The crew were all incredible and so friendly - loved the entertainment as well. We are sailing again on the Regal next March and cannot wait!