Formal night?

jst4fun715

Hi Carol,

Yes there is a formal/ semi formal night on all DCL cruises. I dont remember which night it was, but they do have it. About 1/2 the people dress in formal attire, 30 % in nicer clothes, but not formal and the rest are just what ever they want. I have seen flowered tropical shirts, women in regular slacks and a simple blouse to full length evening gowns.

We have been on 8 DCL cruises and it's always about the same for dress codes.

They also have a pirate/ tropical night too. It is about 1/2 and 1/2 on that one. There is a pirate deck party that evening and buffet on deck 9. Your are invited to dress as a pirate or tropical attire. It a lot of fun to see what type of pirate outfits people have on. Not just th ekids, all ages. Towards the end of dinner your wait staff gives you a pirate bandana to wear in case you dont have pirate attire for the party. Everyone gets one reguardless of how you are dressed. They tie it on your head before dessert. The other nights are just basic, no shorts or tank tops. Men should have collared shirts. They are pretty leanent with their dress code. we have seen many many people in shorts at dinner.

mom x4,grandma x4

If you go to Palo the dress is more formal. Also, the night you dine in Triton's the dress is suggested to be more formal. Haven't had dinner in Palo, so I can't tell you what most wear there. In Triton's there was everything from nicer dresses and jackets and ties to "regular" dinner dress (capris or slacks for ladies, slacks or chinos or dockers for men).

Thanks all for the replies. I guess that brings up a couple of more questions. Is Palo's an alternative dining room? And also, what is Triton? Kind of sounds like if my DIL took a very nice (more cocktail) dress, she would be fine if there is a formal night or if they went to Palo's. Am I way off base here? I really appreciate the help.

I've been on 3 3-night cruise with DCL and have never had a formal night. I checked the Disney website, and it did list the 3rd night as "dress up night" (their words, not mine) and indicated a jacket for men, and dress or pantsuits for women was recommended.

Tritons is the dressier restaurant on board. On our first two cruises, DH wore a jacket and tie, and felt extremely overdressed. On our last cruise, he just wore a knit polo shirt and khakis, and fit in with about 80 percent of the people in the restaurant area.

Palos is the adult only restaurant. I think it currently costs $10 per person. It has wonderful food. A nice cocktail dress would look great in Palo.

Archived