Drinks packages that offer cocktails,wine,spirits and soft drinks

lindabodrum

Just disembarked from MSC Preziosa and had an amazing time. Had their allegrissimo drinks package which includes all drinks, coffees and ice cream, great value. Ready to book another cruise to the Caribbean next February but want to get the best deal on drinks packages. We don't drink alcohol in the morning, but like wine with lunch, cocktails in the afternoon , wine with dinner and more cocktails or spirits at night. Well we are on holiday. I don't want to book a cruise and find the tips and drinks are more than the cruise itself. Comments please, otherwise we will stick with MSC, and be more than happy

I can't vouch for how up to date it is, but Cruise Critic has a guide to each cruise line's beverage packages:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1470

The Norwegian Sky is now "free open bar" on all three and four day cruises from Miami. The NCL ships doing seven night Caribbean cruises more often than not also offer a "free" UBP as a perk--with the caveat that you are charged the 18% gratuity on the value of the package.

The least expensive AI package on a US-based mainstream cruise line is Princess' at $49/pp/pd plus 15% gratuity. A good price on the cabin of your choice plus the cost of the package may be a better deal than the "free" (sic) package promotions that NCL, Celebrity and others run.

In my opinion, if you liked MSC, sail them again. Or if you see another offer on a cruise line you are genuinely interested in, give them a try. The reason to choose a beverage package is mainly for the convenience; worrying about costs and whether or not I am "ahead" of the ship would significantly detract from my enjoyment.

Edited by fishywood