Bon voyage - qm2 world cruise sectors

Pushka Heard this am of forecast for potential cyclone and heavy rain up 'top'.

Lets hope they miss it..:eek:

Just checked the Marine Traffic AIS and they are anchored at Yorkeys and Reef Magic is waiting alongside .

I was thinking the catamaran would be used for ships tours to the reef , but will probably be used as an extra tender to move the numbers ashore.:)

Just checked the Marine Traffic AIS and they are anchored at Yorkeys and Reef Magic is waiting alongside .

I was thinking the catamaran would be used for ships tours to the reef , but will probably be used as an extra tender to move the numbers ashore.:)

If there is bad weather around the reef tours will likely be cancelled.

They use it for the reef tour and QM2 uses her tenders. I did the reef tour and it became the barf boat it was so rough. Many crew were onboard for their day off and all of them, even one of the Senior Engineers were taken down. I and about four others instead had a great time.

They use it for the reef tour and QM2 uses her tenders. I did the reef tour and it became the barf boat it was so rough. Many crew were onboard for their day off and all of them, even one of the Senior Engineers were taken down. I and about four others instead had a great time.

We did one like that also and it may have not been as bad as only around 60% of the 300+ pax were crook.:(

They must have another cat to do the Reef Tour. I have been checking th AIS off and on through the day and Reef Magic is running to and fro the ship. Its a long way from the anchorage to the marina at Yorkeys . We heard from friends on board who said the actual ride was 1/2 hour, and they had to wait for the boat for the load as well. They were pleased to get into Cairns and use the free wi fi...:D

2ykyh6r.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

They must have another cat to do the Reef Tour. I have been checking th AIS off and on through the day and Reef Magic is running to and fro the ship. Its a long way from the anchorage to the marina at Yorkeys . We heard from friends on board who said the actual ride was 1/2 hour, and they had to wait for the boat for the load as well. They were pleased to get into Cairns and use the free wi fi...:D

Wow, that is a long way out!

Edited by Pushka

The larger the boat the longer it takes to fill and unload each way.:D

According to friends on board the catamarans were used to take shps tour people ashore and independants used the tenders.

dgkm4k.jpg

They now have several sea days to look forward to as they head up to Kita Kinabalu.

They also said boarding at Sydney was a breeze. They turned up at appointed time and there were only 4 ahead of them Within 10 minutes of arriving at the OPT they were in their cabin.

Not much luck ashore though, got drenched at Brisbane and washed out at Cairns.:D..... however they are enjoying every moment of being on board, so thats good to hear.

According to friends on board the catamarans were used to take shps tour people ashore and independants used the tenders.

dgkm4k.jpg

They now have several sea days to look forward to as they head up to Kita Kinabalu.

They also said boarding at Sydney was a breeze. They turned up at appointed time and there were only 4 ahead of them Within 10 minutes of arriving at the OPT they were in their cabin.

Not much luck ashore though, got drenched at Brisbane and washed out at Cairns.:D..... however they are enjoying every moment of being on board, so thats good to hear.

Thanks for the update, hope the weather improves for them.:D

Just checked the radar and they have rounded Cape York and almost level with Thursday Island, so they will get a daylight view of the Top End and Torres Strait. Local time up there as I post should be around 5pm.

From looking at Marine Traffic AIS, they are heading to Brisbane and Voyager of the Seas is on the way down from Brisbane . They should pass each other.

That will be a great sight.:):)

We were on the Voyager last week when we passed the QM2! I thought that the ships might toot their horns but nothing!

Here's a photo I took on my phone - excuse the poor picture quality!

056df4fd84a651837701d69ebdb8b7e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nice shot NZ1, I too am surprised they didn't honk or toot, perhaps the captains were sleeping.:p

Haha lets hope not!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app