Room Service - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

We ordered the Bistro Burger from room service a few years ago. It was THE best burger we've ever had on a ship. And that includes Johnny Rockets

Erika

Same here! We came in from an excursion and were too hot and sweaty to go to the Windjammer without showering and we were STARVING. We decided to order room service and take showers (we had two adjoining cabins) while waiting. We ordered the bistro burgers, salads, cookies and pizza. We had barely gotten a quick shower when it was delivered. There were four of us and we devoured everything they brought. The burgers were the best we've ever had...including Johnny Rockets. Everything was the right temperature. Even though all four of us had a drink package we threw caution to the wind and grabbed sodas from the mini fridge, laughed and talked and it was one of the best meals and most fun we had. We've ordered room service before, but mostly a cheese plate and the artichoke dip and chips to have with wine late at night on the balcony and it's good. I order breakfast as a wake up call occasionally and have them also bring a couple of pastries and fruit. I keep an envelope in the desk for room service tips. Don't forget to tell your guys to tip the server that brings room service a few bucks. Also, we were surprised that the pizza is a whole pizza that covers the entire plate. We were expecting a slice. We managed to push through and eat the burgers and pizza in spite of the massive size. :D Everything we've ordered from room service has been good.

Nope never had a suite. I just never take anything for granted. I always ask, sometimes they say no, but almost always, they try to please. If you ask not, you receive not.

For instance....I like powdered sugar on my french toast. So I ask for it...it was tricky because these servers do not call powdered sugar by that name but after several tries I finally learned they call it Bakers sugar...but I got it and still do.

Yes I order anything off the mdr and they always bring it.

Also, we were surprised that the pizza is a whole pizza that covers the entire plate. We were expecting a slice.

This is what happened to us, we ordered 4 portions thinking two slices each for the two of us. Nope, we got four pizzas instead, whoops! [emoji15]

i have only ordered room service once or twice in 11 cruises taken so far. Even with a aft facing balcony or JS, the table is just too small, the food is cold and never good, and it's a huge hassle. Not worth it to us. But I can see how some people might like the breakfast in bed/breakfast on balcony.

We typically just get up and head the buffet and try to get a good seat by the window. We don't usually go to the MDR or a sit down affair, just something quick and easy, I'm not usually tooo personable before my 3 cups of coffee in the morning.

Room service breakfast is not good. But lunch is great. I like the honey stung chicken, cheese and fruit plate, cheesecake is way better then the dining room and buffet, and of course the spinach dip. I wish I had ordered lunch sooner from room service because I liked the food better from that menu instead of eating at the buffet.

This is what happened to us, we ordered 4 portions thinking two slices each for the two of us. Nope, we got four pizzas instead, whoops! [emoji15]

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

On our first cruise we wanted toast, hash browns and bacon. My son and I love bacon but I hate cooking it (can never get it to not curl up and the splatter...) so we never have it at home. We decided we wanted 5 slices each. So I ordered 2 orders of hash browns and toast and 10 slices of bacon. They sent up 5 full breakfast plates. :confused: All I could do was laugh because we DID end up with 10 slices of bacon,... and 5 slices of toast, and 5 orders of hash browns, AND 5 orders of eggs (we didn't even WANT eggs!!!)!

In November I ordered a mimosa and some pastries from room service and then went up to the Windjammer for hot food. Found corned beef hash - which I haven't had since college! :D

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

On our first cruise we wanted toast, hash browns and bacon. My son and I love bacon but I hate cooking it (can never get it to not curl up and the splatter...)

Not cruise related but here's a tip - don't cook your bacon on the stove top, use the oven. Lay your individual strips of bacon out on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 375 degrees until it's as crisp as you like it. It will stay pretty flat and you don't need to worry about grease splatter.

Not cruise related but here's a tip - don't cook your bacon on the stove top, use the oven. Lay your individual strips of bacon out on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 375 degrees until it's as crisp as you like it. It will stay pretty flat and you don't need to worry about grease splatter.

We use the oven too! Extra tip: if you like your bacon crispy but perfectly flat, rinse the strips of bacon under cold water and place on a greased, metal cookie rack on a cookie sheet (lined cookie sheet with a 1/4" or higher edge/lip underneath, with foil) and the fat drips into the cookie sheet below and your bacon cooks flat and evenly.

Thank you! I tried the oven once but I had it way too low (250). I'll try it again!:D

We use the oven too! Extra tip: if you like your bacon crispy but perfectly flat, rinse the strips of bacon under cold water and place on a greased, metal cookie rack on a cookie sheet (lined cookie sheet with a 1/4" or higher edge/lip underneath, with foil) and the fat drips into the cookie sheet below and your bacon cooks flat and evenly.

Another great tip! Thanks!