Staggered check in at what ports?

TerReuv

Does anyone know which ports have the staggered check in that you have to pick your time when completing your forms online? Has there been any talk of when this will be done at all the ports?

Our next cruise will be from Port Canaveral and we don't have to chose our time at this time, but wondering if it might change before we sail (which is a long time from now :().

Texas, New Orleans and Miami for right now...word is on fb is that it is working so well they will be going fleet wide with it. I personally dont know if thats true or not.

Worked perfectly in Galveston last Thursday. The biggest difference was the lack of really backed up traffic at the port. We had a 10:30am boarding time, got there about 11:05 due to Houston traffic. The only time we had to slow down to boarding was to get our sign and sail card, and no one was in line ahead of us. Walked right on and had my Guy's burger by 11:40am.

• 2 weeks later...
Will be on Valor this June out of PC.

Per my PVP it will be a staggered boarding by then.

Good to know - this is where we will be sailing from. Unfortunately, we aren't sailing until next fall. I wonder how soon the options will show up in my Booking information?

I wonder if they will send an email for those of us booked for PC.

Good question. I keep checking my booking anyway because I am waiting to see when the Shore Excursions show up. I want to make sure I get FTTF.

We did it on Galveston March 6 for the Magic and it was ok, except that a lot of people had no idea and said they didn't know so they got there early and had to wait. I'm lucky mine was at 10. We just walked right up to everything and then sat for a while

Edited by CruisinHelloKitty

We leave out of PC in September, assuming everyone is right and it starts in June, do I really need to worry about choosing a check in time if I have already purchased FTTF and we are taking the carnival transfer from the airport?

Good question. I forgot we have fttf. Hope I can board early, otherwise what's the point??

Go online and see what your time shows, on your boarding passi think. hopefully carnival changed it to an early time when you purchased fttf, but the people who let you in are not carnival employees, but work for the port. They will ask to see your carnival boarding pass

It hasn't started yet in Port Canaveral - which is the port we are talking about. It will be (I think) when the Magic moves shortly.

With FTTF it won't matter what time you get for check in. But, would still be nice to have both FTTF and an early check in listed so no hassles at the port.

It hasn't started yet in Port Canaveral - which is the port we are talking about. It will be (I think) when the Magic moves shortly.

I just completed my check in for the Magic in late May. There was no option to select a time for check in.

However the completed boarding pass did indicate 12:30 - 3:00 pm check in, even though we are Platinum?:confused:

With FTTF it won't matter what time you get for check in. But, would still be nice to have both FTTF and an early check in listed so no hassles at the port.

This is a major issue at some ports with stringent port entrance requirements and 3rd party security guards.

For example, last Dec when we tried to enter JAXPORT at 10:45am, the uninformed guard turned us away even though we were Platinum, because the boarding pass said the same thing as above....12:30 - 3:00pm. (Jaxport did not and still does not have staggered check in)

We simply re-entered in a different line and had no issues:confused::confused:

There should not be any time listed on Priority guest's boarding passes, because of differing port procedures....:):) What purpose does it serve, except for confusion??:confused:

Just completed my Magic check-in for June 4th. No option to select a check-in time. Boarding pass says 12:30-3pm!

Worked perfectly in Galveston last Thursday. The biggest difference was the lack of really backed up traffic at the port. We had a 10:30am boarding time, got there about 11:05 due to Houston traffic. The only time we had to slow down to boarding was to get our sign and sail card, and no one was in line ahead of us. Walked right on and had my Guy's burger by 11:40am.

This is good to hear. We board the Liberty in Galveston March 26. We picked 11:00 am boarding/check-in. Looking forward to getting on the ship quickly and wandering around until sail away.:)

I'm glad the assigned staggered checkins are going smoothly, these should if implemented fleetwide at all ports, to make the whole process more manageable.

I can remember huge cluster mucks of cruisers jostling impatiently in the terminals to board when I was a newbie Carnival cruiser. I wouldn't wish that experience on todays cruisers, many would be one and done with Carnival. A smoother check in process begins the cruise experience on a positive note.

Just completed my Magic check-in for June 4th. No option to select a check-in time. Boarding pass says 12:30-3pm!

It hasn't begun yet. So if you completed your check-in way ahead of your cruise, you will have to go in and do it again once they switch to this and print everything else out again too if you already printed your docs.

We are booked on the Magic for August, and my TA has advised that the port will be using the new staggered process by then, which is great IMO. I'll stay on the lookout for it. I'm also booked on the Vista for next year, and there's no option to pick a time for that sailing yet either even though Miami is already using it. In due time. I just check every few days or look out for emails.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Another side benefit for staggered check in fleetwide might be that unless a would be terrorist has a boarding pass, he/they won't get inside a terminal with a bomb packed in a suitcase, like they did in Brussels. Curbside check point, consider it in this light of additional layered security.

Edited by evandbob

I'm glad the assigned staggered checkins are going smoothly, these should if implemented fleetwide at all ports, to make the whole process more manageable.

I can remember huge cluster mucks of cruisers jostling impatiently in the terminals to board when I was a newbie Carnival cruiser. I wouldn't wish that experience on todays cruisers, many would be one and done with Carnival. A smoother check in process begins the cruise experience on a positive note.

I've been on a number of cruise lines and it does seem like Carnival has always been a bit of a disaster area when it comes to getting on the ship. All three of my Carnival cruises I felt like I was swimming upstream to get onboard. I don't mind check in times, Disney does it and it seems to make things go smoothly.