Anthem - Annoyed with the Complainers!

sbb

Perhaps the website should be aptly re named: CruiseComplainers.:D:D or better still, there could be a new section dedicated to it.

What does Cruise Critic mean? I believe a "critic" is someone who "critiques" thus puts judgment on a topic. So "complainers" are really people whom critique and thus are critics.

Thus this site is Cruise Critic...we need more Critic and less cheer-leading!!!

I was a server for years.

Many people have no power or authority in their lives, or even worse they themselves are under an abusive thumb.

So as soon as they get someone they can lord it over they do.

It didn't bother me too much, honestly it was kind of sad.

Being a server was a good experience, now when I order I rattle off all the options/choices.

Edited by DrD

Perhaps the website should be aptly re named: CruiseComplainers.:D:D or better still, there could be a new section dedicated to it.

One section for rants, and another for raves? Why Not!:D

What does Cruise Critic mean? I believe a "critic" is someone who "critiques" thus puts judgment on a topic. So "complainers" are really people whom critique and thus are critics.

Thus this site is Cruise Critic...we need more Critic and less cheer-leading!!!

Yep, but there are constructive critiques, and then just your run-of-the-mill rants, right?

I am sure I will get a lot of heat for saying this, but when did cruisers become so entitled? I just posted a review on the Anthem stating that the cruise was not perfect...no cruise is. However, the way people treated the cruise employees was appalling! You could not pay me enough to work on a cruise ship dealing with these people on a daily basis.

Some CC members have remarked that they felt a lot of movement on this cruise....what ship were they on? We had the calmest seas ever! If you do not want to feel the motion, don't take a cruise! Regarding the food and service, if your food is cold, kindly send it back like you would in any restaurant. If your dessert is too small, they will be happy to bring more. If someone does not smile when they hand you a towel, so what? Who knows what that person is personally dealing with!

The food was sometimes good and other times not so good. It happens. I am sure that the waiters were apprehensive, especially after the way some cruisers treated them. After 10 days on this ship the majority of waiters were wonderful, and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied with our meal. I witnessed a woman being really mean to her waiter after he tried everything possible to please her. She was just a nasty person.

These people depend on these jobs and most are working really hard. Please think twice before you open your mouth and start yelling at them. That could be your son or daughter, brother or sister, husband or wife trying to make a living.

This class of ship isn't for everyone. Royal has tried a whole new approach with dining, the type of shows, etc. If you don't like it, try another ship or cruise line. Do not take it out on the employees.

The old saying, "treat others like you want to be treated" should be posted on elevators on every cruise ship.

Enough said.....

Ok let me start by saying I always sail on NCL. I decided to give the Anthem a shot.

The food sucked. The only decent thing I ate all weekend was a salad. Also, I ate with 2 people and we all ordered the same entree, I was served my dinner well after my friends finished eating. I took a bite and it was inedible so we just left.

I paid for a drink plan. I could not get a Bloody Mary anywhere on day 2, according to the bartenders they ran out of the Bloody Mary mix...fast forward to day 3, Bloody Mary mix suddenly appears from thin air. All that says to me is the bartender is lazy and couldn't be bothered to pull some bottles out of storage.

I complained to guest services about the fact that I paid for a plan and couldn't get a drink....there response was "well just drink something else", when I said I like bloody Mary's their response was basically, to bad, so sad. If people are being treated crappy by customers maybe they should look at the reason why.

It is back to NCL to me. Why? Because if I have an issue they fix it instantly without the crappy attitude we received on Royal.

BTW, I think it's funny that you are complaining about complainers. Did you ever think people had a reason to complain in the first place? If enough people complain perhaps Royal will fix the obvious problems they have.

Edited by iimmie

I am sure I will get a lot of heat for saying this, but when did cruisers become so entitled? I just posted a review on the Anthem stating that the cruise was not perfect...no cruise is. However, the way people treated the cruise employees was appalling! You could not pay me enough to work on a cruise ship dealing with these people on a daily basis.

Some CC members have remarked that they felt a lot of movement on this cruise....what ship were they on? We had the calmest seas ever! If you do not want to feel the motion, don't take a cruise! Regarding the food and service, if your food is cold, kindly send it back like you would in any restaurant. If your dessert is too small, they will be happy to bring more. If someone does not smile when they hand you a towel, so what? Who knows what that person is personally dealing with!

The food was sometimes good and other times not so good. It happens. I am sure that the waiters were apprehensive, especially after the way some cruisers treated them. After 10 days on this ship the majority of waiters were wonderful, and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied with our meal. I witnessed a woman being really mean to her waiter after he tried everything possible to please her. She was just a nasty person.

These people depend on these jobs and most are working really hard. Please think twice before you open your mouth and start yelling at them. That could be your son or daughter, brother or sister, husband or wife trying to make a living.

This class of ship isn't for everyone. Royal has tried a whole new approach with dining, the type of shows, etc. If you don't like it, try another ship or cruise line. Do not take it out on the employees.

The old saying, "treat others like you want to be treated" should be posted on elevators on every cruise ship.

Enough said.....

Well said. We were on the Explorer a few years ago out of Bayonne and on the last night we were in the hallway talking to our cabin Stewart and another gentlemen came out of a cabin and started yelling and berating our cabin Stewart in front of us. It was all my husband could do not to rap the guy. We couldn't believe it. My husband looked at the man asked the man who he thought he was talking to with such disrespect. The man looked at my husband didn't say a word and went back into his cabin. Sometimes people just need to be politely called out.

Thank you for your post. I have always been treated like royalty on Royal. I travel with my son who has multiple disabilities, and the staff cannot do enough for him. I try to develop a rapport with the staff, try to make their cruise as pleasant as they make mine. They sacrifice a lot, leaving their families for months at a time for very little pay. Kindness and courtesy always pay off.

Well said! I was an Anthem 3 January for 12 days and absolutely loved it!!!! I thought the staff were outstanding and I really loved the new dining concept. She's a beautiful ship and I can't recommend her highly enough. You won't be disappointed...... Unless you are one that needs to find fault!