Who is "higher" up ... Bar manager or Loyalty Ambassador ?

Am I the only person that thinks much of this stemmed from communications problems? After seven posts by the OP I’m still not clear on what happened.

I get that OP tried to get a comped C&A Diamond Cosmo and a Jack & Coke before 8:30 in Two70.

No, that is exactly the opposite of what was clearly said.

IF we had known we would have grabbed a drink before leaving two70. Not a few minutes later at Schooner.

I give up.

Summary:

OP ordered cosmo and jack and coke in one venue and was told they weren't free. So OP paid.

OP wanted another round of drinks but figured they would get them in a few minutes at the next venue, since they were paying anyway.

OP later found out they should have been comped for intial drinks and told LA. Since OP only ordered the second round later than 8:30pm because she thought she had to pay anyway, she wanted them comped as well.

LA said she would get them taken off the bill by telling bar manager.

Bar manager apparently refused because they are on her bill.

I agree it could be a communications problem with everyone involved. I still think RC employees would not budge for drinks after 8:30pm for anyone, because of what I have experienced on ships: No free drinks after 8:30:01pm.

Edited by marci22

No, that is exactly the opposite of what was clearly said...I give up.
No need to get your knickers in a twist. While the OP did get drinks in Schooner, it also seems pretty clear to me that OP had other drinks in Two70. Go back and read Post #4 where the OP says: "In this case though we ordered our first set of drinks in the proper time frame in a proper venue and were told by a bar server that the perk was no longer. After the show we went to a bar and ordered a second drink. To me if you are getting second drinks, that means there were first drinks:rolleyes:. The post following yours seems to have the same interpretation as I have, so I'm not the only one who arrives at a conclusion different from yours - but I did say that none of this was clear:confused:

OP - we had the same problem on the same sailing - Anthem. We are D+ - fortunately we only had 1 occassion to use our free drinks and they were not credited. It was in 270. Call Crown and Anchor - they will get you over to the department that will credit your bill. Hopefully you still have your tabs - My $26 credit is already posted to my Amex. I feel this is a ship wide problem on Anthem

Summary:

OP ordered cosmo and jack and coke in one venue and was told they weren't free. So OP paid.

OP wanted another round of drinks but figured they would get them in a few minutes at the next venue, since they were paying anyway.

OP later found out they should have been comped for intial drinks and told LA. Since OP only ordered the second round later than 8:30pm because she thought she had to pay anyway, she wanted them comped as well.

LA said she would get them taken off the bill by telling bar manager.

Bar manager apparently refused because they are on her bill.

I agree it could be a communications problem with everyone involved. I still think RC employees would not budge for drinks after 8:30pm for anyone, because of what I have experienced on ships: No free drinks after 8:30:01pm.

That is exactly what I got from Bobbie's posts. :)

Guest maddycat
OP - we had the same problem on the same sailing - Anthem. We are D+ - fortunately we only had 1 occassion to use our free drinks and they were not credited. It was in 270. Call Crown and Anchor - they will get you over to the department that will credit your bill. Hopefully you still have your tabs - My $26 credit is already posted to my Amex. I feel this is a ship wide problem on Anthem

I'm curious since we will be on the Anthem next month and will be using our drink vouchers in the bars. How did you find out that you were charged for the drinks that should have been free? Did you check your account on the cabin TV? Or did you discover the charge on your final statement? Did you sign a charge slip for the amount?

Edited by maddycat

I'm curious since we will be on the Anthem next month and will be using our drink vouchers in the bars. How did you find out that you were charged for the drinks that should have been free? Did you check your account on the cabin TV? Or did you discover the charge on your final statement? Did you sign a charge slip for the amount?

I found out we were charged for our drinks because they were on our bill. I had the slip my husband signed for. Never realized it until I looked after the fact and checked the time. Unfortunately hubby isn't as up to the perks we are entitled to as I am. LOL. We also had problems getting on welcome back amenity gift. Chose champagne. After asking about 5 times - ended up with a bottle of white wine that we don't drink. Finially gave up. First time in many cruises we ever had issues with out status.

You still have to use your card and sign a ticket for the 3 free drinks just as if you would when buying a drink not in the happy hour time for Diamond and up. The price on the receipt is $0.00 and you can still tip the server if you choose which is what I do.

Do a google search for "diamond drink voucher" and see the list of drinks that are included in the perk. Drinks that require spirits in addition to the ones on the list are not supposed to be offered as approved in the program.

Guest maddycat
You still have to use your card and sign a ticket for the 3 free drinks just as if you would when buying a drink not in the happy hour time for Diamond and up. The price on the receipt is $0.00 and you can still tip the server if you choose which is what I do.

Do a google search for "diamond drink voucher" and see the list of drinks that are included in the perk. Drinks that require spirits in addition to the ones on the list are not supposed to be offered as approved in the program.

I know how the Diamond vouchers work. We are Diamond Plus and cruise twice a year with RCI. I was asking the OP for specifics since she was charged for drinks that should have been free.

Guest maddycat
I found out we were charged for our drinks because they were on our bill. I had the slip my husband signed for. Never realized it until I looked after the fact and checked the time. Unfortunately hubby isn't as up to the perks we are entitled to as I am. LOL. We also had problems getting on welcome back amenity gift. Chose champagne. After asking about 5 times - ended up with a bottle of white wine that we don't drink. Finially gave up. First time in many cruises we ever had issues with out status.

Thanks for your reply. We check our account on the TV daily. That way we can correct any mistakes before we leave the ship.

Thanks for your reply. We check our account on the TV daily. That way we can correct any mistakes before we leave the ship.

We usually do as well - this error occurred on our last night - getting off the next morning - from the "service" we received for our D+ Status there was no way I was standing in line at Guest Services or trying to reach the Loyalty Ambassador at that point. I actually didn't realize this charge until we debarked. For $26 I would have accepted the charge (while it was obviously wrong) rather than "fight" for a credit. The credit was easy to get. 1 phone call - point is it shouldn't have had to be made in the first place. I was disappointed I had to inquire for my amenity welcome backk gift 5 times as it was. Never happened on any other cruise before

Guest maddycat
We usually do as well - this error occurred on our last night - getting off the next morning - from the "service" we received for our D+ Status there was no way I was standing in line at Guest Services or trying to reach the Loyalty Ambassador at that point. I actually didn't realize this charge until we debarked. For $26 I would have accepted the charge (while it was obviously wrong) rather than "fight" for a credit. The credit was easy to get. 1 phone call - point is it shouldn't have had to be made in the first place. I was disappointed I had to inquire for my amenity welcome backk gift 5 times as it was. Never happened on any other cruise before

Sounds like the Anthem is still having problems. By now everything should be running smoothly.

Everyone's experience is different. I never had a mistake in using my "vouchers" on the Anthem. When there was a glitch on my SeaPass account (which like many others, I check often on the cabin TV), I spent a little time at Guest Services having it fixed, but it was fixed.

With the exception of ONE worker at ONE time (I later found myself in front of her again, killed her with kindness, sympathy and smiles, and she turned around - she had obviously been having a bad day the time before), I found everyone at GS eager to help.

Everyone's experience is different. I never had a mistake in using my "vouchers" on the Anthem. When there was a glitch on my SeaPass account (which like many others, I check often on the cabin TV), I spent a little time at Guest Services having it fixed, but it was fixed.

With the exception of ONE worker at ONE time (I later found myself in front of her again, killed her with kindness, sympathy and smiles, and she turned around - she had obviously been having a bad day the time before), I found everyone at GS eager to help.

Im glad you never had a mistake on your vouchers. We did. Never did before - on any cruise. I spent time at guest services, on the phone, at the loyalty ambassador, at the concierge in the D+ lounge - how much time to you "spend" before it becomes old??

Edited by LovesCruising