How is/was your EPIC cruise?

fflashh

We are booked on the Epic 12/03/2016 for a western caribbean 7 nighter. Hoping to hear from others that are or have sailed her. we have a deck 14 M3 mini-suite. we appreciate ANY opinions. Things you loved, things you didn't. Helpful hints, etc. Did we even make a good choice? This is our 12th cruise, 2nd on NCL. Thanks SO much for any input, fflashh:cool:

We are booked on the Epic 12/03/2016 for a western caribbean 7 nighter. Hoping to hear from others that are or have sailed her. we have a deck 14 M3 mini-suite. we appreciate ANY opinions. Things you loved, things you didn't. Helpful hints, etc. Did we even make a good choice? This is our 12th cruise, 2nd on NCL. Thanks SO much for any input, fflashh:cool:

We did the western carib on the Epic in October 2014 in a mini-suite. It was a great cruise. We have been on the Epic 4 times, most recently last October 2015 sailing from London to Barcelona after she came out of dry dock. She looked and felt brand new. Have a good cruise.

The one thing that we didn't love was that there were long lines for tenders in Georgetown. If we hadn't have gone down early, we would have missed our shore excursion.

Edited by BirdTravels

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Me and my Mom will be sailing on the Epic on the 3 dec-10 Dec 2016 cruise also. We are on the 14th floor also. Cabin 14171. Hope someone will organize a meet and greet. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and the cruise especially going to jamaica!

Sailing on The Epic on Monday for the 3rd time. Love it. A real fun ship. I love the evenings on the epic, lots of choices of bars and restaurants. Kids club is amazing apparently, mines always asked to stay in longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I loved last summer and I will cruise on her in August for the second time.

We will be on the same cruise, but I will be getting on in Barcelona on the 21st. Have you seen any roll calls around? I can't seem to find one and really want to do some tour sharing. Did you do this same itinerary last summer? What were your favorite ports?? I would love to hear more about it! :)

I took the first Canary Islands run on the Epic late last year and she was fresh out of dry dock and was in great condition. The freshening to the Bliss Lounge made it more easy to see but took away the nightclub vibe to it. The bowling alleys were removed. Lots of other changes around the ship and all for the better. The Cavern Club was a nice addition. The removal of Blue Man Group and insertion of Priscilla was a great move. BMG had been playing in Boston forever so it wasn't really a draw for the ship or for me anymore. Crew were friendly with some familiar faces working who provided great service. Service was attentive throughout the ship and the management was very hands on. Hope that helps. I do have a much more extensive review posted in the member review section. Just search for my user name there. :)

Read some of the reviews. The shape of the cabin and bathrooms are a big issue with some folks and whether your bed is next to the balcony or inside makes a difference also. We will avoid the Epic in the future . Some people have no problem with the layout.

Read some of the reviews. The shape of the cabin and bathrooms are a big issue with some folks and whether your bed is next to the balcony or inside makes a difference also. We will avoid the Epic in the future . Some people have no problem with the layout.

There is a curtain that separates the bathroom area from the cabin area. The only part that is uncomfortable is if you are showering, and someone goes in or out of the cabin :eek: For what it's worth, I've been on the ship twice, and you can hear more "bathroom noises" on the Escape (been on that twice as well) than the Epic!

LOVE EPIC!!!!

Mini Suite - its really just a larger cabin - but I really dont get the issues over the bathroom set up - ITS FINE!

Fantastic ship - will def cruise her again some day!

We (UK) could not book Epic TA this fall - have had to take Jade instead. To be honest Jade has a much better route - BUT - it aint Epic!!!

SPA MINI on Epic is awesome - if you dont have a spa room - book a pass - its one of the best spa areas at sea!

Bon Voyage!