Running out of ideas for private sailing tour

ShotsnCruises

I have been searching the internet endlessly for a private sailing tour for our visit to Antigua next February. There is one vendor that offers a "just the two of us" tour, however, the price quoted to me upon email inquiry is less time and more money than the website.

I am willing to spend $500-$600 (total) for a 4-6 hour private sailing tour, preferably one that includes lunch. We would prefer a real sailing boat (not a powercat). I tried Eli, from Adventure Antigua, and he was unsure if he would have his sailboat next season.

I know we have "plenty of time" to book a tour, but the private charters tend to be reserved well in advance.

Anyone know of any hidden gems of private tour operators?

• 2 weeks later...

We have done Cool Cat Catamaran 3 times now, and always have a wonderful time. We have gone with a total of 10 people each time. You can inquire about a private sailing, they offer a 4 hour for 2 at $440.00, and a 6 hour for 2 at $660.00. You can find their info here:

http://catamaransailingantigua.com/bookings/

I would highly recommend going with them. We have done the 4 hour luncheon/snorkeling each time and really enjoyed. They have a cooler full of drinks, (local canned beers, cokes, bottled waters) or can make rum punch, or they have wine. They have a great lunch too.

Edited by debshomespun

I have been searching the internet endlessly for a private sailing tour for our visit to Antigua next February. There is one vendor that offers a "just the two of us" tour, however, the price quoted to me upon email inquiry is less time and more money than the website.

I am willing to spend $500-$600 (total) for a 4-6 hour private sailing tour, preferably one that includes lunch. We would prefer a real sailing boat (not a powercat). I tried Eli, from Adventure Antigua, and he was unsure if he would have his sailboat next season.

I know we have "plenty of time" to book a tour, but the private charters tend to be reserved well in advance.

Anyone know of any hidden gems of private tour operators?

We have done Cool Cat Catamaran 3 times now, and always have a wonderful time. We have gone with a total of 10 people each time. You can inquire about a private sailing, they offer a 4 hour for 2 at $440.00, and a 6 hour for 2 at $660.00. You can find their info here:

http://catamaransailingantigua.com/bookings/

I would highly recommend going with them. We have done the 4 hour luncheon/snorkeling each time and really enjoyed. They have a cooler full of drinks, (local canned beers, cokes, bottled waters) or can make rum punch, or they have wine. They have a great lunch too.

Another vote for Cool Cat!!! We have gone with them numerous times. We have had anywhere from 4 - 12 people on the boat. (catamaran) We love the boat and the crew. It is our #1 boating excursion in the southern Caribbean!

• 2 weeks later...

So... all of the recommended tours that I have looked at are either not available or running different tours the day we will be in Antigua. I do not want to pay to charter a private sailboat (although, I have had contact with several vendors who are willing to charge us an arm and a leg). We are also going to be the only ship in port, on a Sunday, and the ship has less than 200 people.

Are we doomed to have to find a beach for the day?

• 4 months later...

Try Captain Kevin aboard the Hawnalea. We had a wonderful sail with him during our sister's and daughters cruise. Find info on the website miramarsailing.com We sailed, snorkeled and went to a beach cafe for the included lunch. Wonderful day! Have fun! Mary

Try Captain Kevin aboard the Hawnalea. We had a wonderful sail with him during our sister's and daughters cruise. Find info on the website miramarsailing.com We sailed' date=' snorkeled and went to a beach cafe for the included lunch. Wonderful day! Have fun! Mary[/quote']

Did you swim to the beach for lunch or did they take the boat to the beach? Dock?

For those that have done the 4 hour lunch excursion could you give more details about the snorkeling part?

How is access to and from the boat? Is the snorkeling generally in deep, open water with a current? Do you get chance to have beach time and if so , like question above, do you swim to the beach or does the boat pull in close?

• 1 month later...