Changing names in rooms

We booked our cruise almost 2 years ago and when I booked they required both people in the room to purchase a drink package If they were 21. I'm not a drinker so I booked dh in a room with one of our daughters and I booked me in the adjoining room with our other daughter. Now that the rule has changed and both adults don't have to order a drink package (dh ordered one), should I call RC and have them switch our daughters in a room together (they are 18 and 16 and were going to be staying in the room together anyways) or is there really no reason to?

We booked our cruise almost 2 years ago and when I booked they required both people in the room to purchase a drink package If they were 21. I'm not a drinker so I booked dh in a room with one of our daughters and I booked me in the adjoining room with our other daughter. Now that the rule has changed and both adults don't have to order a drink package (dh ordered one), should I call RC and have them switch our daughters in a room together (they are 18 and 16 and were going to be staying in the room together anyways) or is there really no reason to?

I just had the same question (similar situation) for my upcoming cruise on Oasis. my issue was the photo package, but the idea is the same. I was told If you switch you will need to rebook all reservations and have new cruise docs issues. On a practical side by booking with an adult in each room you will be able to bring 4 bottles of wine on board if you so choose. I was able to work out the photo package so I left the booking as is.

You can get extra keys at Guest Services and sleep where you like. Changing reservations around before boarding may trigger repricing of the cabins.

Yes, that is what we did.. Just switched where we slept. Never officially changed the rooms. It does not make any difference where you sleep.

Not sure if this is still correct, but it used to be that one person in each cabin had to be 21 or over. Anyone know if that's still correct?

Yes, unless...................

the underage kids are in an adjoining, connecting, or directly-across-the-hall caibn from their parents.