O'Shee's Prime rib or spare ribs Escape?

CP3o

It looks like prime rib day 3, spare ribs day 4. Are either something worth skipping MDR for?

Thanks.

Both are very good. Are they worth giving up the MDR, that's subjective. It's all in what you like.

IMHO the down side was , O'Sheans was very busy on these nights and the portion of prime rib, way too much. The prim rib covered the plate.

Both are very good. Are they worth giving up the MDR, that's subjective. It's all in what you like.

IMHO the down side was , O'Sheans was very busy on these nights and the portion of prime rib, way too much. The prim rib covered the plate.

Downside???

Downside???

:) Is it safe to assume you are questioning the large portion being a downside. I couldn't eat half of my prime rib. :D

I loved the Escape and Epic, however I'm really not a fan of crowed places. Prime Rib right and Spare rib nights, lots of people.

Food was good

Definitely check out these dinner specials at O'Sheehans. I had the ribs on Getaway and they were very good. The prime rib is pretty good too. I am glad to hear they still have these dinner specials at O'Sheehans. This perk was started pre-FDR and surprised they are still sticking around. They give you 2 options for sauce and serve them with corn bread and a side.

Go hungry and check them out. I also believe the popularity of these specials keeps the wait down at the MDR's which is a win, win, win for everyone!

EDIT:

I just read the post prior to mine where the previous poster stated they no longer have the dinner specials at O'Sheehans. As I posted, I was surprised they were sticking around with FDR. FDR has replaced these yummy specials with hot dogs. Pathetic!

Edited by david_sobe

We sailed on Breakaway mid Feb and were told that they no longer do any specials in O'Sheehan's any longer.

As of the dailies on the Escape from 2 weeks ago, they are still doing them.

They did each of the 3 specials twice: Prime Rib, Spare Ribs, and Seafood Basket. So there would be a special 6 of the 7 nights of your cruise. (Again, this is based on info posted here in Freestyle Dailies.)

What hours are O'sheehans open for food, and what hours (if any) are the specials served?

Thanks

O'Sheehan's is open 24 hours for food. I think the dinner specials were 5-7:30 (maybe 30 minutes later) based on reading recent Freestyle Dailies.

Previously, I should emphasize, prime ribs served in OSH was also available (no need to worry about skipping or missing something else in the MDR, etc.) & served the next day or day after in the MDR, ditto for ribs and even lamb - the prime rib cut was generous but it was just okay ... still a bit below those at our local Outbacks.

They're probably prepared in the central gallery and carted out to OSH as specials. BBQ ribs were pretty good - we like it (food taste is highly subjective, YMMV) and still complimentary. But, I thought prime ribs are no longer free and carry an upcharge - or, did I mistaken that for something else (not lobsters or surf-n-turf ...)

Picture - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150328_1922.jpg