looking for hotel near tampa port

holmar12

• 11 months later...
doesn't need be fancy but do need clean

I just booked the Marriott Airport hotel yesterday. If you (or anyone in your travel party) are 62+ years old, they have a senior special price if you book directly with the hotel. We got the rate that includes the breakfast buffet, and the total for two was $161, including all taxes, fees, and the buffet. The breakfast buffet is regularly priced at $20 per person

The hotel is easy to reach with the trams that take you from the satellite terminals A, B, C to the main terminal. It's locate at the north end of the main terminal.

The hotel gets 4.5 out of 5 on tripadvisor, and I love the idea of just getting off the plane, getting my luggage, and walking into my hotel. We travel from CA, so it's a looooong travel day.

We are then taking Uber to the cruise port, which is about $15.

There are several hotels in the Rocky Point area offering both airport and port shuttles (Hampton Inn, Chase Suites, etc.) and hotels in every price range close to the TPA airport (Westshore) that are only a $25 cab ride to the port.

I stayed at the Springhill Suites in Tampa Florida. I will be doing a review next week on it at winenchocolate.com. We purchased the stay and cruise package. They do charge you for the shuttle, so I recommend take Uber, its cheaper than shuttle or taxi.