Promenade Koningsdam

sheba2008

I also love the HAL promenade decks and hopefully there will at least be some chairs to relax on . As someone mentioned before me, the "fast" walkers can at times impede those of us who like to "stroll". The deck looks very narrow behind the lifeboats and hopefully everyone will be walking in one direction otherwise there could be some collisions coming around the corners. As for joggers, I have never seen any on the promenade deck as it's not allowed; of course, I don't get out of that comfy HAL bed until 10:00 a.m. so perhaps they jog early in the morning. I'm looking forward to my December cruise on this ship and I'm sure there will be lots of things I will enjoy; if not, there are always my two favourites to go back to. Some cruises are better than others, but after cruising for 20 years, once a year, I have never had a bad one yet.

I walk the promenade on the Celebrity S-Class ships because no one else does. Sometimes we do it for exercise (walk fast) and sometimes we just like to stroll but hardly anyone else walks because it is tough to see the ocean. There does seem to be more open space aft on Koningsdam than there is on the S-class ships so let's hope they place so chairs back there.

Fingers crossed!!!!! It would be a great spot to sit and read and watch the ocean go by!

There does seem to be more open space aft on Koningsdam than there is on the S-class ships so let's hope they place so chairs back there.

Fingers crossed!!!!! It would be a great spot to sit and read and watch the ocean go by!

The aft end of KODM on Deck 5 is 'minimal'. The sides at port and starboard around the MDR is about 50% less than of the 'corridor' past the lifeboats. On the extreme end... it is slightly better... but still only than the 'corridor'.... at about 75%. There is no space at all for deck chairs... at ANY places on this deck. The S Class ships Prom Deck is 'luxurious' compare to the KODM.

The sides at port and starboard around the MDR is about 50% less than of the 'corridor' past the lifeboats.
Looks like it could be single-file for wide people! :D This alley-way doesn't even deserve to be called a promenade.

Edited by jtl513

Forty loungers would lots most are empty in my experience . Safety is number one seem like an evacuation would take half the time with this design ! That makes me safer !

Are u arguing against the pro promenaders (new word?)?

I wish you the best of luck hehe [emoji6]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Looks like it could be single-file for wide people! :D This alley-way doesn't even deserve to be called a promenade.

LOL. A most attractive area. Thankfully at least the deck 'pretends' to be teak.

... an evacuation would take half the time with this design!
I don't know how you came up with that number, but I disagree. The boats still have to lowered to a boarding position and then large numbers of people have to be funneled from inside muster points through a narrow area to their boats. If anything I think it may take longer.
LOL. A most attractive area. Thankfully at least the deck 'pretends' to be teak.

Look at the synonyms of promenade:

prom·e·nade

ˌpräməˈnād,ˌpräməˈnäd

noun

a paved public walk, typically one along a waterfront at a resort.

synonyms: esplanade, front, seafront, parade, walk, boulevard, avenue, boardwalk

"the tree-lined promenade"

verb

take a leisurely walk, ride, or drive in public, especially to meet or be seen by others.

"women who promenaded in the Bois de Boulogne"

synonyms: walk, stroll, saunter, wander, amble, stretch one's legs, take a turn

"we promenaded in the park"

These connote an elegant place for leisure, not an unattractive, narrow passage way.

Edited by jtl513

Forty loungers would lots most are empty in my experience . Safety is number one seem like an evacuation would take half the time with this design ! That makes me safer !

The real problem is the Spare Lift Jacket Stowage. Even there was space to put the deck chairs, they would be blocking the LJ Stowage. Yes, this should make you feel safer.