Actual Decrease in Drink Packages haha

From what I was told it is for all sailings 9+ nights excluding holiday sailings that sail between March 12th, 2016 - December 16th, 2016. Also not available on any Australian sailings.

Has anybody been able to substantiate this? Have there been any reports of sailings under 9 nights where this promotion has been available?

Not getting it on my 4 night on Independence departing FLL on Mar 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I was told it is for all sailings 9+ nights excluding holiday sailings that sail between March 12th, 2016 - December 16th, 2016. Also not available on any Australian sailings.
Has anybody been able to substantiate this? Have there been any reports of sailings under 9 nights where this promotion has been available?

Ovation 3rd May seven nights had 20% off Select only, visible for 24 hours then it disappeared again!

Could have been added in error, who knows?

Well done to anyone who was lucky enough to see it and decided to snatch the deal :)

Edited by icsys

If their is 2 adults in stateroom are both required to purchase drink package. One doesn't drink anything but water?

No, Royal does not require all adults in a stateroom to purchase a package.

Ovation 3rd May seven nights had 20% off Select only, visible for 24 hours then it disappeared again!

Could have been added in error, who knows?

Well done to anyone who was lucky enough to see it and decided to snatch the deal :)

Plus any ship with an R in the name is exempt from the sale :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats to those who were able to score the 20% discount so far. Just checked our next cruise and no discounts offered yet, but I have a related question I hope someone can answer...

We usually purchase our two drink packages in advance, but we have $300 OBC this time so we were going to buy one in advance and would like to put the OBC towards the other package. On day 1, what is the earliest point we can buy the package and use the OBC towards it? Do they still sell them out in the check-in area where we could buy it immediately after getting our Sea Pass cards, or do we have to find a place after boarding the ship to buy it? We want to be able to use it right away after boarding, as our travelling companions will all already have theirs and we don't want to fall behind!

Thanks in advance!

Congrats to those who were able to score the 20% discount so far. Just checked our next cruise and no discounts offered yet, but I have a related question I hope someone can answer...

We usually purchase our two drink packages in advance, but we have $300 OBC this time so we were going to buy one in advance and would like to put the OBC towards the other package. On day 1, what is the earliest point we can buy the package and use the OBC towards it? Do they still sell them out in the check-in area where we could buy it immediately after getting our Sea Pass cards, or do we have to find a place after boarding the ship to buy it? We want to be able to use it right away after boarding, as our travelling companions will all already have theirs and we don't want to fall behind!

Thanks in advance!

On Serenade (out of FLL), the stand was set up on the Promenade deck as you boarded. The purchase slips are filled out by hand with your Seapass folio number and you sign for the purchase. They give you the sticker for your Seapass card and you are on your way to use the package.

If your onboard account is secured with a credit card, (or maybe even cash). Your OBC will eventually catch up with your early purchase to offset some of the cost. :)

They make it very easy to buy the drink package as you board. And if they don't get you then they will have tables set up by Windjammer, by the pool, by the .... I mean, believe me, you can't walk very far in the first few hours after boarding without being able to buy a drink package. :)

And yes, it will go towards your OBC. I've done this many times.

Edited by MattInFLL

Not counting the sale, my cruise doesn't seem to be one of the lucky ones, is the prepay price different than the on board price for any of the packages?

Unless there is some sort of promo, the prepay price is normally the same as the onboard price.

2 questions:

1. If you purchase the drink package on board, while you are in international waters, you don't have to pay tax?

2. If one person in the cabin buys one, does everyone in the same cabin have to purchase one? My boyfriend can drink a lot more than me so it would be good for him but not me.

2 questions:

1. If you purchase the drink package on board, while you are in international waters, you don't have to pay tax?

2. If one person in the cabin buys one, does everyone in the same cabin have to purchase one? My boyfriend can drink a lot more than me so it would be good for him but not me.

1. I can't answer, maybe someone else can.

2. According to RCCL website, not everyone in a room has to purchase the package. Your BF can get it without you getting it.

Hope this helps!

...If you purchase the drink package on board, while you are in international waters, you don't have to pay tax?....

Royal does not charge US sales tax on packages purchased in US ports.

It was available on the 8 night Navigator of the Seas cruise departing FLL on April 30th. Strange thing that it was only available Wednesday and haven't seen the promotion since. Glad I got it then.

Premium package now available for 20% off including gratuities, I just canceled my Ultimate and purchased Premium. BANG ..... Saved another $160 :)

You and a few others who have not had gratuity added must have got lucky with some glitch. I, and four others i am traveling with, all bought sale packages today online and we all had the gratuity added at checkout. Lucky you, though!

You and a few others who have not had gratuity added must have got lucky with some glitch. I, and four others i am traveling with, all bought sale packages today online and we all had the gratuity added at checkout. Lucky you, though!

Maybe it works out the same Premium was $62/ day ? Mine is a13 day cruise

Edited by Nigeldelarue