Trying to figure out which nights will be formal

Rebel

I'll be on the Grand on 6/30/2016; 10 day cruise to Alaska round trip from San Francisco. I'm trying to determine which nights will be formal nights.

I know there'll two and they always fall on sea days. I've looked at the itinerary and am fairly certain the second formal will be on 7/7/16. The last sea day is the day before we disembark and I don't think they'd schedule formal night on that day.

It's the first formal night that I'm not sure about. There are two back-to-back sea days on 7/1/16 and 7/2/16. They are the second and third day after embarkation.

Does anyone know how I can find out for sure certain what nights will be formal?

TIA!

Can't say for certain, but I can give you my best guesses. Since the Alaska season has not started yet this year, no one can tell you what the current certainty is.

Almost all of the time, the first formal evening is the first sea day, so I suspect it will be on July 1.

Your second formal evening will likely be the sea day on July 7.

Would any experienced cruisers like to speculate on when formal nights will be on my cruise next week? It's an awkward one, with most of the port visits clustered at the end of the voyage.

Day 1 Fremantle

Day 2 at sea

Day 3 at sea

Day 4 at sea

Day 5 Bali dep 5.00pm

Day 6 at sea

Day 7 at sea

Day 8 Kuala Lumpur dep 7.00pm

Day 9 Penang dep 9.00pm

Day 10 Langkawi dep 6.00pm

Day 11 Phuket dep 6.00pm

Day 12 at sea

Day 13 arrive Singapore

If it makes a difference, this ship only offers traditional dining and the first sitting is 5.45pm.

I'm thinking maybe day 2 and day 7?

Thank you :)

Would any experienced cruisers like to speculate on when formal nights will be on my cruise next week? It's an awkward one, with most of the port visits clustered at the end of the voyage.

Day 1 Fremantle

Day 2 at sea

Day 3 at sea

Day 4 at sea

Day 5 Bali dep 5.00pm

Day 6 at sea

Day 7 at sea

Day 8 Kuala Lumpur dep 7.00pm

Day 9 Penang dep 9.00pm

Day 10 Langkawi dep 6.00pm

Day 11 Phuket dep 6.00pm

Day 12 at sea

Day 13 arrive Singapore

I'm thinking maybe day 2 and day 7?

Thank you :)

I agree with day 2 and think the 2nd one will be either on day 6 or 7.

Thank you all for your input. I was asking because my daughter wanted to schedule a salon appt. for the first formal night via the cruise personalizer on princess.com. I explained to her that figuring out the first formal night will be difficult. She'll just have to go to the salon immediately after boarding. The spa personnel will know what nights are formal, yes?

Thank you all for your input. I was asking because my daughter wanted to schedule a salon appt. for the first formal night via the cruise personalizer on princess.com. I explained to her that figuring out the first formal night will be difficult. She'll just have to go to the salon immediately after boarding. The spa personnel will know what nights are formal, yes?

Yes.

And so will your daughter if she checks the 2nd page of the embarkation day "Patter" which will be in her cabin when she embarks. It will list the itinerary and which days have formal evenings.

I don't think your daughter will have problem scheduling on embarkation day her appointment for the formal night.