To Bruges

jasperado

Does the ship's shuttle continue onto the train station in Blankenburg or does it only go as far as the town of Zeebrugge?

Would I buy a return train ticket to Bruges or two singles? and finally, any idea of the cost??

Thankyou for your time :)

Hi jasperado

The ship's shuttle goes into the town of Blankenberge just down the road from the railway station where you get the train to Bruges.

You buy your ticket from either a machine in the entrance hall or from the ticket desk, manned by a fluent English speaker so no worries there.

We have always bought return tickets . The return ticket to Bruges was about 6 or 8 euros. Sorry I can't remember exactly, but it was peanuts - and cheaper on a Sunday when you buy the Weekend return.

Trains run every hour about 0 42 dep Blankenberge and 05 past the hour return from Bruges and are very punctual. Journey takes about 15-20 mins. Check times of course as I am going from memory.

And it is very easy.. just follow the crowd lol

Edited by Scriv

Hi jasperado

The ship's shuttle goes into the town of Blankenberge just down the road from the railway station where you get the train to Bruges.

You buy your ticket from either a machine in the entrance hall or from the ticket desk, manned by a fluent English speaker so no worries there.

We have always bought return tickets . The return ticket to Bruges was about 6 or 8 euros. Sorry I can't remember exactly, but it was peanuts - and cheaper on a Sunday when you buy the Weekend return.

Trains run every hour about 0 42 and 05 past the hour and are very punctual. Journet takes about 15-20 mins.

And it is very easy.. just follow the crowd lol

Thank you so much Scriv.....all the answers to all my questions

I'll just need your help to plan all my other ports of call!! :D:D

Hee hee - when and where are you going?

The Baltic end of August on Arcadia.

Going to give Alla some money in SPB and will DIY everywhere else. Haven't been to any of the ports of call before so am quite happy to stay in port and see what is available without going too far.

The Baltic end of August on Arcadia.

Going to give Alla some money in SPB and will DIY everywhere else. Haven't been to any of the ports of call before so am quite happy to stay in port and see what is available without going too far.

Just looked at your itinerary - which is almost identical to that which we did in 2010. Apart from Helsinki (where we did a ships tour - wasnt very thrilling!) all the other ports are easy to diy. You may have to get the shuttle bus into Stockholm depending on where they dock but other wise it really is a lovely place to wander around. Similarly Tallin - although you can easily walk in - we loved the Maritime museum if that floats your boat , but the town is lovely too. Loads to do and see in Oslo and Copenhagen .

Have a great time!

If you show your cruise card when you buy the ticket it's a bit cheaper

I didn't know that Florry....thanks for the tip....."every little helps!" :D

Edited by jasperado
can't speel! :D

Just looked at your itinerary - which is almost identical to that which we did in 2010. Apart from Helsinki (where we did a ships tour - wasnt very thrilling!) all the other ports are easy to diy. You may have to get the shuttle bus into Stockholm depending on where they dock but other wise it really is a lovely place to wander around. Similarly Tallin - although you can easily walk in - we loved the Maritime museum if that floats your boat , but the town is lovely too. Loads to do and see in Oslo and Copenhagen .

Have a great time!

Thanks MM, I have Rick Steves book and except for Bruges he gives a walking tour for every other city, I used his book in Florence and am willing to give him another go along with info I can glean from the learned folks on here.

I also see what P and O offer for their walking tours, they list the places they are going to see.......I pinpoint them on a google map and print it off :D

Bit naughty really! lol

Does the ship's shuttle continue onto the train station in Blankenburg or does it only go as far as the town of Zeebrugge?

Would I buy a return train ticket to Bruges or two singles? and finally, any idea of the cost??

Thankyou for your time :)

Have a look at Toms Port Guides. Very detailed guides. Includes Zeebrugge and many other ports.

http://www.tomsportguides.com

Brian