Bloggers cruise?

robandlil

We know John pretty well and know he floats a lot of trial balloons just for their response value. I feel the odds are strongly against this cruise happening as a blogger's cruise.

First, even though the west coast cruisers have been begging for a west coast departure blogger's cruise for years, when John actually scheduled one on the Miracle, happening now, only about 150 PAX signed up vs 600 to 700 from Texas or Florida on previous blogger's cruises.

Second, Alaska cruises are more costly and have very few regular cruisers who live within driving distance of Seattle, making the total cost with airfare even more expensive for most cruisers.

Third, Summer time means more children and families onboard and many veteran cruisers (blogger types) prefer to cruise when fewer children are present.

I may be wrong but i will be very surprised if this comes to pass.

You may be right, and Alaska is port intensive for a bloggers cruise.

But he listed the potential date as May 8, not really a time when the ship should be overrun with kids.

I guess whether there are enough people within driving distance is subjective. From my point of view there are lots of cruisers within driving distance!

First, even though the west coast cruisers have been begging for a west coast departure blogger's cruise for years, when John actually scheduled one on the Miracle, happening now, only about 150 PAX signed up vs 600 to 700 from Texas or Florida on previous blogger's cruises.

I was told, in January, that John had limited it to 150.

Bob

Well, we booked it in the hope that John is onboard. There are 3 non port days and may 8 is early for Alaska. So maybe.

I emailed him hoping for clarification. Without him as an added attraction, I think we'd go in July.

If anyone hears anything please post!

We know John pretty well and know he floats a lot of trial balloons just for their response value. I feel the odds are strongly against this cruise happening as a blogger's cruise.

Second, Alaska cruises are more costly and have very few regular cruisers who live within driving distance of Seattle, making the total cost with airfare even more expensive for most cruisers.

Third, Summer time means more children and families onboard and many veteran cruisers (blogger types) prefer to cruise when fewer children are present.

I may be wrong but i will be very surprised if this comes to pass.

We have friends on this cruise and they tried to sign up for the bloggers activities several months before the cruise and were told it was closed.

Well it's all set. There will be 2 bloggers cruises for 2017. A Hot cruise in February to the Carribean and a Cold cruise in May to Alaska.

The date is May 23 departing from Seatle. 500 people can register starting in August.

Edited by robandlil

What exactly does a bloggers cruise offer special? I know it's hosted by JH. Tia!

Heald runs and hides from all the fawners fighting for attention. Free stuff and a special shore tour. Not much really.

Well it's all set. There will be 2 bloggers cruises for 2017. A Hot cruise in February to the Carribean and a Cold cruise in May to Alaska.

The date is May 23 departing from Seatle. 500 people can register starting in August.

We have friends on this cruise and they tried to sign up for the bloggers activities several months before the cruise and were told it was closed.

It seems that is was unlikely since John's new west coast cruise has a limit of 500 bloggers registers, well above the 150 count.

However I was totally wrong about John doing an Alaskan bloggers cruise. What I failed to remember was that one of John's favorite CD experiences was when he did Alaska. I am sure now that he is looking forward to doing that again.

It seems that is was unlikely since John's new west coast cruise has a limit of 500 bloggers registers, well above the 150 count.

However I was totally wrong about John doing an Alaskan bloggers cruise. What I failed to remember was that one of John's favorite CD experiences was when he did Alaska. I am sure now that he is looking forward to doing that again.

Not unlikely at all. I told them that they were on the bloggers cruise and when we went to John's blog to sign them up, it was closed. This was first of November, 4 months before the cruise. I have not talked to them since they sailed but will see them early next week and I will hear what they have to say.