Annoying Cruise Planner!

Urgghhhh. I remember HATING the RCCL website last time I cruised, but last time we had ONE room cause it was just hubby and I. THIS TIME we have two rooms cause we put the kids in an inside cabin across from our balcony (woot woot!) but GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

I can't figure out how to use the stupid Cruise Planner to plan for the whole family! It's SO MEGA FRUSTRATING. Our TA linked the res's, I see the second room listed as "linked res" but the other members of the family aren't actually listed or anything...a) I figured out how to make DD res's for all of us by adding all the names with check boxes blablabla, and now they're only showing for the two of us listed in the balcony room (so who the h$** knows if all 5 of us actually have dinner res's) AND b) I'm going to want to purchase drink packages etc for ALL of us before the cruise...I'm going to want to make show res's and activity res's for all of us before hand...how the heck can I do that?

Any tips or hints for not going bald pulling out all of my hair over this in the coming months?

Edited by ThePNVT
typos

Urgghhhh. I remember HATING the RCCL website last time I cruised, but last time we had ONE room cause it was just hubby and I. THIS TIME we have two rooms cause we put the kids in an inside cabin across from our balcony (woot woot!) but GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

I can't figure out how to use the stupid Cruise Planner to plan for the whole family! It's SO MEGA FRUSTRATING. Our TA linked the res's, I see the second room listed as "linked res" but the other members of the family aren't actually listed or anything...a) I figured out how to make DD res's for all of us by adding all the names with check boxes blablabla, and now they're only showing for the two of us listed in the balcony room (so who the h$** knows if all 5 of us actually have dinner res's) AND b) I'm going to want to purchase drink packages etc for ALL of us before the cruise...I'm going to want to make show res's and activity res's for all of us before hand...how the heck can I do that?

Any tips or hints for not going bald pulling out all of my hair over this in the coming months?

Here is my tip:

You are paying your Travel Agent. Let him/her earn his/her pay.

Here is my tip:

You are paying your Travel Agent. Let him/her earn his/her pay.

Nice :D. I'm actually not used to having an agent (this is the first time I've booked a cruise using one!) I guess maybe I should call her tomorrow. :p

Aren't you able to access the other reservation separately? I have the same situation, and when I made dinner reservations for all of us, it only showed the two of us in that cabin as listed for the reservation. But, when I went into the reservation for the other cabin, the dinner reservations were listed for the others as well. Hope that makes sense! You can't do everything (like drink packages) just in your cruise planner.

Aren't you able to access the other reservation separately? I have the same situation, and when I made dinner reservations for all of us, it only showed the two of us in that cabin as listed for the reservation. But, when I went into the reservation for the other cabin, the dinner reservations were listed for the others as well. Hope that makes sense! You can't do everything (like drink packages) just in your cruise planner.

Exactly. In order to get drink packages for the kids you need to go into their reservation and do it from there.

Things like dining reservations and excursions can be booked all from one reservation. However all reservations need to be linked in order to have everyone show up as options to choose from.

Dan

I spent about 2 hours in the cruise planner last night trying to make dinner reservations for 4 cabins (8 people total) on Anthem.

When I was done I emailed everyone telling them what I did yadda yadda.

Then I went to look at excursions and I noticed only 1/2 my reservations made it UGH So I went in again and started adding the reservation numbers etc to find out that the times I wanted were all gone!

This morning I called RCI and the nice rep said my reservations were there for 8 of 9 nights but my family was only included 2x. He spent about 30 mins getting all the reservations done. He said I would get an email confirmation soon... Email came and the family is now only listed once, the planner shows them listed 3 times. Hoping it is just one of their famous glitches but I plan to check back tomorrow!

Currently, I have 2 upcoming cruises. 1 on Anthem and 1 on Harmony. There are 4 rooms and 8 people on each cruise. I have been able to handle all reservations and boarding times from "my reservation" using my cruise planner. None of our reservations are linked. This is how you do it:

Click on what you want to reserve, wether it is a show, dinner, specialty dinner, shore excursion, drink package, boarding time, etc.

Click on the names in your reservation, and it highlights the box.

Click add names.

Click on "add people from another reservation". Enter the info requested, which is Name and booking number. When their name boxes appear, click on there names to highlight box, then click add names.

Repeat this for as many as necessary, up to 16 total people(for dining reservation).

Now, if you check your order history, and click the down arrow on view order details, all the names you added will be there.

However, if you check your "MY Calendar" just your names will be listed.

When you check the other person's "My Calendar", there reservations withe their names will appear.

any questions, just ask. Hope this helps.

You guys are great, thanks so much!

I don't know how to "open the other reservation"...It's shown as linked but it doesn't seem to have it's own life :confused:

Hearing that others have made the res's the same way (by clicking the boxes and adding members etc) and have had them "stick" even though they only show as 2 of us in the calendar is very encouraging! I think our dinner res's are set.

It also sounds like it will be the same process for packages and activities which I can handle! Phew.

Thanks again!

In the cruise planner, there is a sentence; would you like to book guests in another reservation, you will add the last name and the res number and search, then select the guests you would like to book. The same for the on line check in, fill out sectin 1 in the kids res, then the same in yours. When you are on the on board spending, you will see the same sentence add the kids and do the same for the cruise ticket contract and the kids and you will be on the same sea pass.