Transatlantic Specialty Dining Question?

esquire20

Hi Folks, will be sailing as a first time Elite on the 4/10/16 TA on the Silhouette I Understand that the specialty dining discounts are really based on supply and demand. Since this sailing will have 8 consecutive sea days, I am curious to know from other TA cruisers on the kind of discounts being offered, and the number of lunches offered in Murano, Lawn Club Grill and Tuscan Grill. Thank you in advance for any information. Leslie

When we last did a TA we were able to eat in Specialty Dining pretty much any evening we liked. They did offer discounts but I can't remember the exact amount. If Murano was normally $45 it would something like $35 per person. We bought the 5 night dining package that trip.

I recall maybe 1 lunch in Murano, none in Tuscan Grille, and a couple in the Lawn Club. But we didn't take advantage of any of them so my numbers could be off.

Was offered 1/2 off first night. Then 1/2 off to return. Standard packages, but a couple times offered last minute 1/2 off later in the cruise. The last discounts were later in the cruise as there are 4 or 5 port stops all in a row and people were not eating in the specialty restaurants.

Am guessing with luminae and blu along with no formal nights that some hated the there will be even more deals to fill them up.

Got to remember a significant number of people use these as transportation to Europe or back to the USA and are not particularly interested in specialty dining. DW and I could not possibly share a dinner in the "upscale" venues.