Changing a GTY cabin number?

Once assigned your GTY cabin #, has anyone called to get it changed to a more preferred cabin location with success?

While I'm super grateful for a Balcony, I'm really hoping we are Between decks 11 and 13, and Mid/Aft.

I checked our sailing and there doesn't appear to be that many quad balconies left at this point, maybe 20 in total based on my mock booking searches.

Once assigned your GTY cabin #, has anyone called to get it changed to a more preferred cabin location with success?

While I'm super grateful for a Balcony, I'm really hoping we are Between decks 11 and 13, and Mid/Aft.

I checked our sailing and there doesn't appear to be that many quad balconies left at this point, maybe 20 in total based on my mock booking searches.

That's kind of the point of a guarantee, you get what they give you. Could be a. Awesome cabin in a great location could be a crappy one in a bad location

If there are other cabins available within the same exact category, it is possible to move cabin locations to another room available in the same category. Although sometimes when GTY rooms are assigned, everyone is assigned at the same time and there aren't any rooms within the category to move to. Contact your TA or NCL.

To me "Guarantee" means a reduced price so you get what is "left over"; cabins that no one chooses, that TA's are not interested in getting a bad name by putting people in them and PCCs know they are "rubbish".

Caveat emptor

When you book a GTY cabin, NCL can change it up until sailing. We were once able to change a GTY at check-in. Same category, requested lower floor. But that was 5 years ago.

The way I look at it, is that it never hurts to ask. Just go into that conversation with no expectations.

To me "Guarantee" means a reduced price so you get what is "left over"; cabins that no one chooses, that TA's are not interested in getting a bad name by putting people in them and PCCs know they are "rubbish".

Caveat emptor

Yes you are getting what's left, but some of them are fine too. Personally I like to book 9 months out and select a cabin, but recently took a last minute cruise where all that was left was guarantees. Booked a BX and ended up getting a wonderful BA cabin. I do admit I was worried about where I'd end up. The rubbish cabins do need to be filled, and we know how they fill them!

I always book Guarantee cabins. We normally book last minute to 3 months out from the sailing.

I understand, I'm taking a chance, so I've never made a fuss about our locations.

With that being said, Ive been placed all over. I was assigned a cabin underneath the gym.:eek: Barbells from morning to night.

And, I've been assigned a balcony on the lido deck.:D I loved the deck and see why folks pay a premium price for the location.

We booked a Guarantee Balcony for the Escape, leaving May 28th, booked 4 days ago.

The NCL rep said once they assign me a cabin, if I'm not thrilled with the location, call him. I can move to another location within that same category, based on availability.

If I see a cabin open, and its a higher category, I will have to pay a fee to upgrade to that cabin.

Good Luck.

Edited by Cruzinbabe06