CC members say it is so....

Toad

Wondering if they are selling the last few cabins to Floridians (At reduced prices) and then will make the assignments.

Not on your cruise but on a cruise out of Tampa.

There is a super sale on the 15 day Cariibean, round trip Tampa, sailing 04/09/16.

Inside start at $46/day/person. Never seen a Caribbean cruise on HAL that low.

In our six cruises we've had nice upgrades and one really exceptional one (an upsell). They have been offered pretty close to sailing date, but I've come to the conclusion that there a variety of factors. My hunch is that if you get an exceptional upgrade/upsell offer, it will happen for one of your first few cruises with HAL.

We got our best upgrade (not upsell) as 3-star Mariners.

Have gotten countless upSELL offers over the years, and not one of them was worth taking. On the other hand, our guarantee cabin assignments have for the most part been very good. For one European cruise we turned down upsell offers several times, only to get upgraded free anyway (outside to balcony). ;)

I had a guarantee cabin booked for a March cruise and received my cabin assignment about a week before the cruise. It was the most forward cabin on the deck. We were traveling with another couple who got a guarantee midship on the same deck. There were still unassigned cabins closer to our friends and I called the generic 800 number on the princess website and asked for a cabin change and the person who answered was so nice and changed my cabin to one of the unassigned cabins closer to my friends and It took all of 5 minutes. All documents were immediately updated with the new info.

Toad,

I have not seen any special sell for Floridians.

I just checked available cabins and there are over +50 cabin unsold as of 9:45AM; including three Neptune Suite. HAL will try to have upsells to passengers in higher category cabins like Vista Suites and Lanai for the Neptune and shake out these cabins before assigning your stateroom.

I love this and that you were able to provide this information! We booked a verandah guarantee, so who knows, anything could happen! Thank you.

Hey Toad, we are on the same cruise and we have not been assigned a cabin either. We did take an upsell from OV to a Lanai, we wanted that, all part of our strategy, lol. Our Hal PCC said we have a good chance to be upgraded to a Vista. That being said, I noticed last night that there are cabins available in every category. I doubt we are getting bumped up, oh well. I look forward to meeting you at the meet and greet.

Hi Skoogs: As I commented on another thread, we have heard nothing from our PCC, so hoping to hear soon. Not long now!

When a cruise date is nearing, and there are unsold cabins, HAL runs ads for last minute specials. You can find them on their website (look under specials). If your cruise does not have any specials, more than likely it is sold out.

If it is sold out you will probably not get an upgrade, but it depends on how many guarantees have been sold. If there were lots of guarantees sold, there will not be enough of the cheaper cabins to go around, so some will get upgrades while others will not.

If your cruise is having a last minute sale, this means there are a lot of unsold cabins. This could mean a better chance at getting an upgrade, but this depends on how well the sale goes for HAL. If they sell all the good cabins during the sale, you won't get an upgrade. But if they mostly sell less expensive cabins during the sale, you will get bumped up to make room for these people who are most likely paying a lot less than you.

Since you have no idea how many guarantees are sold for a particular cruise, or how many cabins are sold during the last minute sale (if there is one), it is impossible to determine whether you are going to get an upgrade or not.

I thought this was an excellent explanation. Thanks!

We got our best upgrade (not upsell) as 3-star Mariners.

Have gotten countless upSELL offers over the years, and not one of them was worth taking. On the other hand, our guarantee cabin assignments have for the most part been very good. For one European cruise we turned down upsell offers several times, only to get upgraded free anyway (outside to balcony). ;)

Good to know! We may become three-star in the next few years.

:)