Norwegian Getaway 2 night cruise

Mayertwins1

By then probably will. And it would be a nice preview as I am sailing on the Getaway in December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol you are sailing her in December but want to buy pricey airfare so you can try her out for 2 days in September?

Seriously? If you can afford to do that ...and this is coming from someone who has flown cross country for a weekend....go for it...but please if you can afford it and decide to do it....

Please understand that means the airfare is not pricey to you ....simply because you are doing it for fun 3 months before your real cruise.

If it were me I wouldn't bother and would just do Labor Day weekend as a road trip closer to home....

Edited by luvtheships

Lol you are sailing her in December but want to buy pricey airfare so you can try her out for 2 days in September?

Seriously? If you can afford to do that ...and this is coming from someone who has flown cross country for a weekend....go for it...but please if you can afford it and decide to do it....

Please understand that means the airfare is not pricey to you ....simply because you are doing it for fun 3 months before your real cruise.

If it were me I wouldn't bother and would just do Labor Day weekend as a road trip closer to home....

Maybe OP lives in South Florida like I do and airfare doesn't play into the equation.

Well compared to my flight to Newark when I did the 3 day Anthem it is a bit pricey. And coupled with the fact I'd probably be sailing solo it is a consideration. And yes I can afford it that is why I was looking at it.

I also thought it would be nice to check out the ship as I haven't sailed with NCL since 1996 so I am a bit nervous about my December cruise and whether or not I will enjoy the ship.

Well compared to my flight to Newark when I did the 3 day Anthem it is a bit pricey. And coupled with the fact I'd probably be sailing solo it is a consideration. And yes I can afford it that is why I was looking at it.

I also thought it would be nice to check out the ship as I haven't sailed with NCL since 1996 so I am a bit nervous about my December cruise and whether or not I will enjoy the ship.

Oh boy 20 years!!!! Plenty of changes but I'm sure you will be in awe of the ship

Just an FYI and IMHO the mega ships are massive and impressive....but not without certain flaws

I've sailed the basic cruise ships in the 70's as a teen...a few rust buckets...the Chandris Britannis for example....several mid sized ships...Disney Magic. Ccl victory. Ncl gem and jewel.

Some mega ships ....ruby princess....Ncl BA...ccl freedom and unfortunately the only mega ship I don't want to sail again is the BA...poor design too much smoke not enough music/bar relaxing venues too crowded a pool

However....give me the Ncl gem or jewel any day

Doing our 3rd gem cruise later this year. [emoji905][emoji474][emoji569]️[emoji572]️[emoji924][emoji926][emoji925]

a 2-night quickie cruise on a holiday weekend is likely to be, uh, very different from a "regular" cruise of, say, a week or more.

Probably a somewhat different demographic, and also probably a different amount of drinking...

Just keep that in mind if you are doing this for "comparison" reasons, thinking ahead to a longer NCL cruise, and not on a holiday weekend.