Formal nights

Ryansdaddy

I looked up your itinerary and the first FN is Day 2, with the second being either Day 5 or 6 (both are port days but it will be one of those). Dress code for 13 year old son is the same as it is for all men, but that is a bone of contention on these boards. :p Nice pants and a collared shirt, with or without tie, will suit you both nicely. You can wear a jacket or suit if you want - many men will be in suits and even some in tuxedos, but things seem to be a lot more casual for FN these days.

I looked up your itinerary and the first FN is Day 2, with the second being either Day 5 or 6 (both are port days but it will be one of those). Dress code for 13 year old son is the same as it is for all men, but that is a bone of contention on these boards. :p Nice pants and a collared shirt, with or without tie, will suit you both nicely. You can wear a jacket or suit if you want - many men will be in suits and even some in tuxedos, but things seem to be a lot more casual for FN these days.

I looked at my itinerary and couldn't see anything on it. Thanks for the dress code tips. Kind of what we were expecting as far as dress code goes. we wont were tuxedos. It's just not our style but don't shame anyone for wearing one. I'm trying to pick a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants during one of the formal nights. We want to experience one formal evening just to do it but the other I would like to go eat at Giovani's.

I looked at my itinerary and couldn't see anything on it.

Yes sorry, as an experienced RCI cruiser, I know that FN is usually the first sea day (Day 2), and they usually pick another sea day for the second FN. However, your itinerary has port days on Days 5 and 6 (and the second FN is never the last evening). The reason for FN on a sea day is that passengers aren't rushing back to the ship from port to get ready - a sea day is better for that but in your case, it doesn't work.

You can ask the manager at the specialty restaurant which nights are FN, and then make your reservation. Just so you know, the menu on the second FN in the Main Dining Room includes lobster tail, if you are so interested. :)

You can ask the manager at the specialty restaurant which nights are FN, and then make your reservation. Just so you know, the menu on the second FN in the Main Dining Room includes lobster tail, if you are so interested. :)

I think we will plan to eat at a specialty restaurant the first FN and plan on attending the second whatever day it falls on. I'm a big fan of lobster.:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you find this information on the itinerary? Teach us newbies! :-p

Where do you find this information on the itinerary? Teach us newbies! :-p

Oh! Well, actually I have cruised enough with Royal Caribbean to know the usual way they do things. The first formal night is usually the second day which on most itineraries is a sea day. Looking at a 7 night itinerary, the second Formal Night is usually another sea day on either day 5 or 6, BUT it certainly can be a port day as well. One thing for sure is that FN is never the last night before disembarkation, so this helps narrow things down.

The FN's are not actually printed anywhere online or on the itinerary - I simply looked at OP's itinerary and surmised the best I could, according to my history with RCI. :)

You can go to the website, plug in your ship and date, and pull up the itinerary; it will take you through each day and describe if it is a sea day ("Cruising") or a port day.

Oh! Well, actually I have cruised enough with Royal Caribbean to know the usual way they do things. The first formal night is usually the second day which on most itineraries is a sea day. Looking at a 7 night itinerary, the second Formal Night is usually another sea day on either day 5 or 6, BUT it certainly can be a port day as well. One thing for sure is that FN is never the last night before disembarkation, so this helps narrow things down.

The FN's are not actually printed anywhere online or on the itinerary - I simply looked at OP's itinerary and surmised the best I could, according to my history with RCI. :)

You can go to the website, plug in your ship and date, and pull up the itinerary; it will take you through each day and describe if it is a sea day ("Cruising") or a port day.

Oh. Okay, Thanks. Mine is the Majesty 4 day cruise leaving Apr 11. I think each day is essentially a port day since we're hitting 3 ports.

Oh. Okay, Thanks. Mine is the Majesty 4 day cruise leaving Apr 11. I think each day is essentially a port day since we're hitting 3 ports.

Ah, well I looked up your itinerary and see you are porting 3 days in a row but that your first port day is a long one, leaving at midnight. The next night in Coco Cay you leave at 5 pm (assuming you can get there, as it is a tendered port). I think this will be your Formal Night.

Have fun! :)