Booking a shore excursion

gar90

Hey everyone. I'm trying to save some money on excursions, and I know booking through the cruise line isn't the way to do that. Does anyone have any recommendations as to good sites to book excursions through? Thanks again for your help!

Hey everyone. I'm trying to save some money on excursions, and I know booking through the cruise line isn't the way to do that. Does anyone have any recommendations as to good sites to book excursions through? Thanks again for your help!

I would look at the threads in the Ports of Call forums. Many knowledgable folks there who will answer questions. Trip Advisor is another good source.

Ports of Call forums start here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Where are you cruising?

If the Med, get a copy of Rick Steves' book Med Cruise Ports. it is great for DIYers.

In the Caribbean, their are tour guides organizing tours in every port as you get off the ship. We usually pay $20 or $25 per person for a 3 hour or so tour.

We're doing 2 weeks in the Caribbean on B2B cruises (different ships). Stopping at Roatan, Belize, Costa maya, Cozumel, St. Maartin, San Juan, and Labadee. We pretty much know what we want to do. We're just shopping around for the best experences at the best prices. We're thinking at least one snorkel, a discover scuba, maybe a dolphin swim if the price is right.

Trip Advisor is a good suggestion.

So is going to the Ports of Call Board here on CC and checking under each of your port stops to see what others have done in them.

Just adding .... Don't completely rule out booking thru the ship if an excursion is offered that you feel you would really enjoy.

Look forward to having a great cruise! :)

LuLu