Midnight Buffet

caribe123

Has anyone heard that the Midnight Buffet may be coming back? If so , when? It was always fun to see everythig

Would this be like a sea day thing or every night? Was last on the magic and they had a Mexican buffet it was awesome but only once in the 7 days .

Someone mentioned the other day that the Midnight Buffet is coming back but I haven't seen anything else about it (non-journeys cruise).

The Mexican buffet at night in the Lido is not a "Midnight Buffet".

Yes ... anyone who thinks the "Mexican Fiesta" is the same thing as a "Midnight Buffet" is new to cruising, lol ...

Ask anyone who cruised back in the 80's what comes to mind when you say "midnight buffet" ... and they will tell you: -- Huge, lavish buffets, with several very large ice sculptures and fruit sculptures, and FOOD FOOD FOOD, I mean tables and tables of food - These were the biggest buffets I had ever seen and were always in the main dining room, and people stood in line for an hour to just LOOK at it and take pictures ... then stand in another line to get the food.

Ahh, yes ... I remember a couple midnight buffets and I miss them. This would be the only reason I would consider a Journey cruise.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Yes ... anyone who thinks the "Mexican Fiesta" is the same thing as a "Midnight Buffet" is new to cruising, lol ...

Ask anyone who cruised back in the 80's what comes to mind when you say "midnight buffet" ... and they will tell you: -- Huge, lavish buffets, with several very large ice sculptures and fruit sculptures, and FOOD FOOD FOOD, I mean tables and tables of food - These were the biggest buffets I had ever seen and were always in the main dining room, and people stood in line for an hour to just LOOK at it and take pictures ... then stand in another line to get the food.

Ahh, yes ... I remember a couple midnight buffets and I miss them. This would be the only reason I would consider a Journey cruise.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Some of us arent nowhere new to cruising. But your referencing something that happened 20 years ago. So yeah... :rolleyes:

Some of us arent nowhere new to cruising. But your referencing something that happened 20 years ago. So yeah... :rolleyes:

The point was to make a distinction between late night Mexican buffet in the Lido and a true "midnight buffet" from the past. You grasp?

The one we had on the Miracle Journeys cruise was very beautifully done. Some of the chefs are true artists.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good to know the kitchen staff still have the skills and tools to put on a real show! Loved the old midnight buffets. Would Would be nice to see them return 1x per cruise.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

NCL had a chocolate buffet on the Norway; it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.

In the "old days" you lined up around 10:30pm to go in and take photos of the display of food. Then at midnight they opened it up for the passengers to enjoy the food.

The only thing I've seen to compare was a very nice NYE buffet on the Conquest in 2011. Since then the Mexican buffet is all they offer, and it's paltry.

Edited by BallFour4

Our first ever cruise, Legend in 2008 - there was still the Midnight Buffet. Have never seen anything like it in all my life. We stood in line and took lots of pictures. When we went back out after pictures, the line to go back in to eat was so long - we were so tired and not that hungry, we begged off.

If only we had know that would be the one and only time, I would have at least enjoyed a bit of it!!

8 short months later till our 2nd cruise and no buffet!

Aw, so sad! We haven't cruised since '06, and the Valor had AMAZING midnight buffets. If not every night, then pretty close to it. They all led up to the midnight dessert buffet on the last night of the cruise.

192_zpshqlojdep.jpg.html?o=2

a>

192_zpshqlojdep.jpg

I got broken image links on yours, but when I went to respond I think I saw the format problem so I am trying to repost your images.

189_zpsic4kqx5n.jpg

190_zpsdsthw9u4.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

It looked really nice but it was such a waste of food. I am glad that they don't have them anymore. I am sure prices would be much higher if they kept them up as so much of it went into the garbage.

I would go and look and take pictures and then wait in line to go get something but not much. So many people would come to look but that was it. There really wasn't a lot of other options but now there are a couple of different options. I did like the Mexican buffet on one of my cruises but the last one there really wasn't much there.

tigercat