Why Would Deluxe Veranda Cost More than Concierge?

mfan

I was looking the cabin prices for a Mediterranean cruise and noticed the prices for the Deluxe and Sunset Veranda cabins costing much more than the C3 Concierge class cabins ($100-350 more) Why would that be the case? Don't you get more services with Concierge class and the cabins are at higher levels?

Just in the same way that Aqua are the least expensive balcony cabins on our Med cruise (both A1 and A2 are less than even the 2Cs): supply and demand ;). Perhaps initially the balcony cabins were less than Concierge and X sold more of them, thus reducing the inventory they had left. Consequently, up go the price of the fewer balcony cabins left so encouraging pax to book the cheaper concierge cabins (which, at that time, they have more of) ;).

Just in the same way that Aqua are the least expensive balcony cabins on our Med cruise (both A1 and A2 are less than even the 2Cs): supply and demand ;). Perhaps initially the balcony cabins were less than Concierge and X sold more of them, thus reducing the inventory they had left. Consequently, up go the price of the fewer balcony cabins left so encouraging pax to book the cheaper concierge cabins (which, at that time, they have more of) ;).

That's what I thought, but why don't the existing Veranda customers upgrade AND get a reduced fare?! It seems to be a no brainer...

Yes Jagoffee, that's what happened to us as a Veranda customer, we are in a lovely location, good choice of cabin as booked ages ago for a nice price, however the cruise has steadily increased in price and even though a C3 is now lower in cost than the grade we chose, we still have a good deal in price & we had a choice of location on the M Class ship, we don't want to change/up grade [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Ms Bluewave

Pricing is always a variable. Cruise lines want to sail at their max capacity and they have systems in place to do just that. As the inventory changes so does the price. At some point upgrade offers are made so that higher level cabins will be filled and low priced cabins will be put on sale through lead in offers. Some how that perfect state with every cabin filled or max capacity reached (not every cabin needs to be filled to be at max capacity) comes about. We just see the benefits by finding better deals :D or asking ourselves why we booked so early :(.

Started out with a mid-ship deluxe veranda cabin with no cruise line perks on our Bermuda cruise in July and now have a mid-ship cc cabin with drink package and extra OBC from celebrity (and TA Obc) for $700 less[emoji2]

I love the crazy pricing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app