Whisper WC.6. Singapore to Dubai

duct tape

Lat 7.07.33N and getting close to Sri Lanka.

Pressreader service still not working, no papers now for 11 days, what a joke. Rumour is that the Spirit has the same problem but the Shadow is still working. Anyone out there know for sure?

The internet is patchy but working, not bad when there are in excess of 100 guests online most of the day. Yet another fix to the recent MTN downgrade scheduled for this evening.

Here are a couple of pictures from Colombo, Sri Lanka. First was taken at Gangaramaya Temple.

DSC03289_zpsncwkqoj2.jpg

Next was taken at Independence Hall.

DSC03312_zpsq5wztnbb.jpg

The next port was Cochin, India. Here is a picture of dolls for sale from one of the scads of vendors here.

DSC03394_zps05rnu6vf.jpg

Some of my fellow passengers disappoint me. All WCers filled out a Yes or No form about the day trip to the Taj in Agra. This AM there were 12 no shows! How inconsiderate and selfish. On the other hand, I decided that everyone, in one place or another, went to the Taj today...via plane or via taxi to the Taj Hotel, Mumbai, for lunch! Great Chinese/Indian food with terrific company.

Some of my fellow passengers disappoint me. All WCers filled out a Yes or No form about the day trip to the Taj in Agra. This AM there were 12 no shows! How inconsiderate and selfish.

Presumably this was for a "no extra charge" excursion and is one of the downsides for SS of insisting that all customers pay for excursions whether or not they want them? I guess they feel that they have paid for it and therefore this behaviour like it or not is human nature in those circumstances.

Jeff

Some of my fellow passengers disappoint me. All WCers filled out a Yes or No form about the day trip to the Taj in Agra. This AM there were 12 no shows! How inconsiderate and selfish. On the other hand, I decided that everyone, in one place or another, went to the Taj today...via plane or via taxi to the Taj Hotel, Mumbai, for lunch! Great Chinese/Indian food with terrific company.

duct tape - have to agree about the no-shows - they could at least let organisers know a bit in advance.

We had two nights at the Taj, Mumbai, years ago; even before the terrorist attack, and loved it. Fantastic huge swimming pool, and each evening we had the same meal at their Chinese restaurant (I know, should have been Indian|) with the same menu as it was so wonderful. Happy memories. A lovely hotel.:)

duct tape - have to agree about the no-shows - they could at least let organisers know a bit in advance.

We had two nights at the Taj, Mumbai, years ago; even before the terrorist attack, and loved it. Fantastic huge swimming pool, and each evening we had the same meal at their Chinese restaurant (I know, should have been Indian|) with the same menu as it was so wonderful. Happy memories. A lovely hotel.:)

The WCers were doing a day trip with no overnight stay, I understand. Missing your lovely hotel.

Yesterday was a grand adventure to Agra, India and the Taj Mahal! After traveling by bus to the Mumbai airport to board an Air India chartered flight to Agra, more buses and battery powered minibuses there we arrived at this wonderful monument to love. I won't bore you with pictures of the actual wonder as many have already taken breath-taking shots. Instead, here is a picture of some of the intricate detail of the structure.

DSC03434_zpsljbryopl.jpg

Nice day at sea, heading past the coast of Gujarat. The ship is rattling a little as we are running at 17.5 knots to make a little time up. Sea is calm with a light swell and the temp is around 30c, not too hot.

The Pressreader is still kaput, except DT's Hub who has his own. So an entire voyage without a Daily Mail.

Life is good.