Orca Enterprises Change

Glaciers

Just received this...

Orca Enterprises has Joined with Dolphin Jet Boat Tours. Capt. Larry will still be operating the Orca Odysea. The Orca Enterprises website will soon be set up with an online booking system that will make setting reservations much easier. In the mean time please Contact Dolphin at

mail@dolphintours.com

Just received this...

Orca Enterprises has Joined with Dolphin Jet Boat Tours. Capt. Larry will still be operating the Orca Odysea. The Orca Enterprises website will soon be set up with an online booking system that will make setting reservations much easier. In the mean time please Contact Dolphin at

mail@dolphintours.com

Very interesting news. Thanks for sharing. I had actually already decided on Dolphin Jet Boat Tours for my May 2017 trip. I had thought about Orca but could never get them to respond. Dolphin had excellent correspondence.

Does this mean Dolphin has purchased Orca Enterprises

Suppose it will come out at some point. Like txwriter, there have been several posts from folks that indicate communication was limited when trying to ask questions or make reservations. We had problems last summer when trying to book due to their internet being down. We were going to give them a go this summer but may look at Dolphin now.

Suppose it will come out at some point. Like txwriter, there have been several posts from folks that indicate communication was limited when trying to ask questions or make reservations. We had problems last summer when trying to book due to their internet being down. We were going to give them a go this summer but may look at Dolphin now.

Though this has happened every year (reports of not getting a hold of them) during the winter. Not just this year. And not just this vendor though the complaints are probably more so with this vendor.

Edited by Coral

Good to know. We were planning to book with Orca and it's been sitting on my to-do list because of the steps I have to take to book (fill out a form, fax in my credit card or send in multiple emails, etc.). If they had online booking I would have done it right away!

Does this mean Dolphin has purchased Orca Enterprises?

I guess I am surprised that Capt Larry is still a Captain. I thought he was more of a naturalist now.

I wonder too. After Larry's boating DUI, which I haven't heard much more about since then, I wondered what might happen.

I find it all interesting. We used Orca 4 years ago, with Captain Larry. He was quiet, and didn't talk much, but seemed like a good guy.

I had forgotten about the DUI. Hmmm.......onward and upward?

Whomever you go with, whale watching in Juneau is generally always very good to great, depending on your expectations.

Edited by jamminlion

Just a couple of days ago I received an email response from Larry concerning a cancellation in our group. He said he would be back in Juneau on April 23, so he's traveling I suspect. We have reservations with him for a May 16 whale watch.

When I head over to the Orca Enterprises website, the email address noted on their website has been changed to mail.dolphintours.com

As we have a booking paid for with Orca for tour on 28th May, I guess I'll have to contact them to find out where and which company we met up with on the day as I have not received an email from Larry advising of their merger.

When I head over to the Orca Enterprises website, the email address noted on their website has been changed to mail.dolphintours.com

As we have a booking paid for with Orca for tour on 28th May, I guess I'll have to contact them to find out where and which company we met up with on the day as I have not received an email from Larry advising of their merger.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had contact with Orca or Dolphin since the change? My friends and I purchased tickets for whale watching with Orca when we are in Juneau on July 7th, just a couple of weeks before this was posted on Cruise Critic, but one of us has had to cancel. I have been emailing with our request to cancel her reservation and do not get any answer. She tried calling the numbers on the web page and received the message "No longer in service".

Any suggestions to resolve this? I am getting worried that we may not have the whale watching excursion we hoped for on this trip, as we cannot afford to purchase additional tickets.

Deb

On March 22nd I heard from Larry regarding an attempt to cancel a reservation. He said he couldn't process it until he got "back in Juneau on April 23rd". I have since emailed him again, but haven't heard back. I am trusting I will hear sometime after April 23rd.

I have been emailing with our request to cancel her reservation and do not get any answer. She tried calling the numbers on the web page and received the message "No longer in service".

Any suggestions to resolve this?

On March 22nd I heard from Larry regarding an attempt to cancel a reservation. He said he couldn't process it until he got "back in Juneau on April 23rd". I have since emailed him again, but haven't heard back. I am trusting I will hear sometime after April 23rd.

Dolphin took over the existing reservations from Orca for the 2016 season. If you need to cancel or have questions you need to contact Dolphin at 1-800-719-3422 or mail@dolphintours.com. At the least you should reconfirm your reservation with Dolphin if you still plan to go.

Dolphin took over the existing reservations from Orca for the 2016 season. If you need to cancel or have questions you need to contact Dolphin at 1-800-719-3422 or mail@dolphintours.com. At the least you should reconfirm your reservation with Dolphin if you still plan to go.

Yes, definitely re-confirm your booking with Dolphin if you originally booked with Orca.

I booked with Orca 14th March and paid in full.

Upon reading that Dolphin had taken over bookings I contacted them and I was I advised they took over Orca on 1st March. (So when I booked and paid when Orca, Larry took my money without any advice of the takeover)

Anyway I contacted Dolphin by email and I received a reply back advising that they were not aware of my booking and for me to email them my booking confirmation I had with Orca.

I was then issued a new booking with Dolphin.

My time slot did change as they did not have a 9am departure that I booked with Orca, but they gave me a choice of departure times and I picked their 10am.

Definately email Robyn at mail@dolphintours.com with your Orca confirmation booking.

Robyn was very prompt in getting back to me with all my queries (2 days at the most)

Karen

When I contacted Orca at the end of March, I received a prompt reply from Dolphin stating:

"Orca Enterprises has been purchased by Dolphin Jet Boat Tours; all of our tours, with complete descriptions and online booking with live availability and instant confirmation, can be found at http://www.dolphintours.com. Our boats vary in size from 18 to 36 passengers (pictures on the website), and are enclosed and climate-controlled with large windows for a 300-degree view, outside decks, indoor restroom, snacks and hot/cold beverages."

Thanks to Glaciers.

I sent my Orca confirmation papers to Dolphin Jet boat tours and in less than 2 days all the new confirmation paperwork and final payments were complete.

Robyn was more than helpful with some of my concerns and was very efficient with sorting everything out.

Looking forward to this adventure.

I talked to Robyn today. She was able to look up our reservations by name and changed us quickly to a new reservation, which she emailed immediately. Very pleasant and professional.

Did she say if everyone needed to do this? I have a fully paid orca trip from last December for this May.

Did she say if everyone needed to do this? I have a fully paid orca trip from last December for this May.

I did not ask, but their times vary from what I had booked on Orca, so I would suggest you call.

From what I can see, dolphin is ONLY 2 hours on the water instead of 2.5 hours like ORCA. Yes, I'll be calling tomorrow and maybe demanding a complete refund or that they completely honor the original deal. I went to great trouble to pay them with a check so as to reduce their cost, I strongly suggest anyone else use an American Express card for any bookings. They give the most protection in cases of fraud!

I had emailed Dolphin last week without a response. So I called and left a message last night. Within the hour, Robyn called back and rebooked our excursion with email confirmation sent immediately. She was very professional and pleasant to work with, and assured me that everything was in order for our trip in July.

She did say that they were relying on customers to call because Larry is currently out of town (expected back in the next few days). Their first whale watching excursion is the 30th of April; so they are busy getting everything in order.

If someone else is in the same position I was, booked with Orca, definitely contact Robyn and make sure all is in order.

I've left 2 detailed voice messages in the last 2 days with the new owners of Orca Enterprises and have received no contact from anyone. I'm glad your luck was better than mine. Ours is for a watch trip in 28 days.

The reviews from past Dolphin tours have generally been good, so I'm trying to be optimistic.

Edited by flatlander321