O life Beverage Package

doowopbob

Has anyone picked the beverage package as their O life choice and than upgraded to the prestige package? My TA was told you can't upgrade but I'm thinking you should be able to once you are on board. Don't want to choose the classic package and then find out we can't upgrade.

This was discussed before people have been told they can upgrade once onboard for $20 pp pd

Has the Olife choice started yet ? I thought it was for cruises starting at the end of April

I've done it on 2 bookings for this year. Maybe it's exclusive to the UK office, but the upgrade fee was £178 for each 14 night itinerary......if you do the sums it roughly the difference between the House Select and the Prestige Select packages, maybe a shade less.

You would have thought they would allow you to upgrade once on board; it's extra revenue after all.

Don't take my word for this since I've never used any of the packages for ship's tours (we usually do our own private tours with perhaps a few ship's tours, never enough for one of the packages). But my belief is that the Passport Collection ONLY applies to ship's tours, nothing else.

I may well be wrong! I'm awaiting other answers ...

We're in the U.S. ... it's possible this could be different for residents of other countries.

Mura

We have the Unlimited Passport collection for our cruise on Oceania and I assume that most mainstream liquors would be included.Is that a correct assumption?

The unlimitied passport collection is for excursions

do you mean the Prestige Beverage package ?

It includes almost all liquors exceptions I believe are the VSOP Cognacs & maybe the top Scotch

You can look at a sample bar menu

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

someone will correct me if I am wrong

Edited by LHT28

The unlimitied passport collection is for excursions

do you mean the Prestige Beverage package ?

It includes almost all liquors exceptions I believe are the VSOP Cognacs & maybe the top Scotch

You can look at a sample bar menu

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

someone will correct me if I am wrong

You are correct.We are on a charter on Riviera,and the hosts are providing a generous cabin credit for us to purchase excursions, so I assumed that the passport collection was the liquor package.In rereading the material from the host, we have the prestige select beverage package.I enjoy Dewars 12 year old when at home and was wondering if it is included in that package.

You are correct.We are on a charter on Riviera,and the hosts are providing a generous cabin credit for us to purchase excursions, so I assumed that the passport collection was the liquor package.In rereading the material from the host, we have the prestige select beverage package.I enjoy Dewars 12 year old when at home and was wondering if it is included in that package.

If it is on the list it is probably included

I do not buy the package so maybe someone who like scotch & gets the package will answer

I would think the 18 & 25 yr stuff may not be included but who knows ;)

If it is on the list it is probably included

I do not buy the package so maybe someone who like scotch & gets the package will answer

I would think the 18 & 25 yr stuff may not be included but who knows ;)

Yes, I'm sure it's included. We have gotten the prestige plan several times and I was drinking 25 yr old cognac (Doubles) so I'm sure your scotch would make the cut.

Yes it is :D

Dewars, Highland Park and Glenlivet are the three 12 year olds' which I recall.

Enjoy!

I am also told that on board you can up grade from house to prem for the $20 difference per day.....

On a 20 say cruise the offer the choice of $500 credit, % shore ex or House beverage. which is worth for that length some $840....and the best deal of the 3 choices from a pure dollar point of view.

On my last cruise I finaly saw the wisdom of the prem package that I had been skeptical about. It was very easy to with 3 or so top shelf drinks and 2 glasses of wine a day with tip to be saving well over $110 in bar bill...

Too drinking at that quanity was not overwhelming as I thought.... I saw others.... putting away twice that or 220 a day for their 60..... Wow. not me I was happy with my smaller saving which was just fine