Clothing question after 10 year absence from Carnival.

toyotaford

We are joining some friends on a cruise to Alaska on the Legend in July. We have become NCL loyalist but all decided to book Carnival for this one. Can someone give me an update on clothing policies in the dining rooms? Our guys usual wear jeans an polos and the ladies wear capris and sandals. Would this be acceptable in the dining rooms on CCL?

We are joining some friends on a cruise to Alaska on the Legend in July. We have become NCL loyalist but all decided to book Carnival for this one. Can someone give me an update on clothing policies in the dining rooms? Our guys usual wear jeans an polos and the ladies wear capris and sandals. Would this be acceptable in the dining rooms on CCL?

Yes, fine all nights. The website is more strict than what you read on the funtimes on the ship.

Yes, that will be ok for cruise casual evenings. It's exactly the way we dress. I would dress it up a bit for elegant evening. We really dressed up on one night of elegant dress, but, the second night I just wore black slacks and a dress shirt and husband wore khakis and a polo.

Yes' date=' that will be ok for cruise casual evenings. It's exactly the way we dress. I would dress it up a bit for elegant evening. We really dressed up on one night of elegant dress, but, the second night I just wore black slacks and a dress shirt and husband wore khakis and a polo.[/quote']

being that it's Alaska I'll agree with you but for warm weather sailings on CCL shorts and polo are just fine on cruise casual nights.:)

Bill

being that it's Alaska I'll agree with you but for warm weather sailings on CCL shorts and polo are just fine on cruise casual nights.:)

Bill

Yes, shorts, with the exception of gym shorts and cutoffs, are ok, too. My adult kids wore those with nice tshirts on cruise casual evenings. The OP specifically asked about jeans and polos which is why I didn't mention shorts being acceptable in my initial response.

Yes' date=' shorts, with the exception of gym shorts and cutoffs, are ok, too. My adult kids wore those with nice tshirts on cruise casual evenings. The OP specifically asked about jeans and polos which is why I didn't mention shorts being acceptable in my initial response.[/quote']

no problem. Wasn't trying to step on your toes.:)

Just figured after 10 years they probably would never think shorts were OK too.:)

Bill

no problem. Wasn't trying to step on your toes.:)

Just figured after 10 years they probably would never think shorts were OK too.:)

Bill

Oh, no, my toes are just fine :) No worries! Sorry if my response sounded otherwise. Unfortunately, tone can be misinterpreted in printed words. My fault!

And, you're absolutely correct. A lot of people probably don't know that shorts are acceptable MDR attire. The fact that shorts and jeans are allowed is the only reason I can get my husband into the MDR. He'll dress up a bit for elegant night just because he knows I want to go, but, he's not thrilled about it. If he had to dress up any other evening, I'd never get to eat in the MDR on casual nights!

Based on what you said, you will be overdressed. Carnival has a policy, that is neither enforced or followed.

Yes, that's fine.

Actually jeans are not allowed on Cruise Elegant nights according to the policy. However' date=' it is definitely not enforced.[/quote']

According to the policy on the website, but NOT the policy on the website. Here is the funtimes from my recent cruise on the Victory. It is more lax than the website.

Carnival-Victory-Funtimes-11.jpg