20% off drinks packages.... Where!

mdj101

So where is the discount applied for the drinks packages?

It says 20% off, but is trying to charge me £32.38 per day?

Unless RC are using a rediculous exchange rate of 1.2 dollars to the pound! I work out it should be around £28 per day.

If its worked out at the current dollar rate of approx 1.4 and RC are charging £32.38 then its really only a saving of 7% NOT 20%

No it's advertised on the packages page in my cruise planner for our cruise on Indi 30th July.

Apologies, missed that. I don't have the undiscounted prices in GBP, so I can't tell what the sale prices should be.

Edited by clarea

Unless RC are using a rediculous exchange rate of 1.2 dollars to the pound! I work out it should be around £28 per day.

If its worked out at the current dollar rate of approx 1.4 and RC are charging £32.38 then its really only a saving of 7% NOT 20%

Did you factor in the 18% gratuity if it applies?

£32 is the cost with 20% already deducted. On Anthem in October we paid about £37 per day

Clarea,

Correct. I found about this early this week. For both of our 15 May and 22 May cruises, the package is discounted 20%. Since I had already purchased the packages, so had to cancel them, and the reorderd them for both cruise. Received email confirmation for 15 May for the new price

Clarea,

Correct. I found about this early this week. For both of our 15 May and 22 May cruises, the package is discounted 20%. Since I had already purchased the packages, so had to cancel them, and the reorderd them for both cruise. Received email confirmation for 15 May for the new price

Thank-you for the feedback. We've been trying to discern a pattern in which cruises are getting the discounts. Someone had reported earlier that the cruise line told them discounts were on cruises of 9-days or longer. I guess we need to keep working on the pattern.

The email we received indicates the following:

-20% off the Ultimate and Premium packages

Terms and conditions state:

Offer applies to select 9+ nights sailings departing between 5/13/16-12/12/16 (excludes holiday sailings)

We received the email and it states for your "upcoming cruise", but our cruise is 2/17/17, so it does not apply. I'm hoping that it will be offered for our cruise down the road.

Offer applies to select 9+ nights sailings departing between 5/13/16-12/12/16 (excludes holiday sailings)

We received the email and it states for your "upcoming cruise", but our cruise is 2/17/17, so it does not apply. I'm hoping that it will be offered for our cruise down the road.

Thanks for this. Just shows that Royal still has a problem with accurate communications.

The pattern I found as reported on this board was 9+ day sailings with the exception of:

Allure of the Seas - 7 day cruises - April through May 22. The discount seemed to start after Spring Break then go away Memorial weekend, probably as a start to summer.

Jewel of the Seas - 7 day cruise - 7/17/2016 (I haven't caught if any other Jewel dates have been reported).

The pattern I found as reported on this board was 9+ day sailings with the exception of:

Allure of the Seas - 7 day cruises - April through May 22. The discount seemed to start after Spring Break then go away Memorial weekend, probably as a start to summer.

Jewel of the Seas - 7 day cruise - 7/17/2016 (I haven't caught if any other Jewel dates have been reported).

Thank-you!

We received the email and it states for your "upcoming cruise", but our

cruise is 2/17/17, so it does not apply. I'm hoping that it will be offered for our cruise down the road.

The key word here is "select" so they are still picking and choosing.

I'm on the same cruise as the OP. My Premium package is pre-paid but is showing as £460 on the invoice (before it is removed later with a line for -£460) and I booked back in March 2015, well before the 20% discount. On a 14 night sailing that is £32.86 per person per day, which means that the OP's £32.38 is a whopping saving of 1.46%. Not quite 20%. Someone tell me if I'm missing something? :confused:

I'm on the same cruise as the OP. My Premium package is pre-paid but is showing as £460 on the invoice (before it is removed later with a line for -£460) and I booked back in March 2015, well before the 20% discount. On a 14 night sailing that is £32.86 per person per day, which means that the OP's £32.38 is a whopping saving of 1.46%. Not quite 20%. Someone tell me if I'm missing something? :confused:

That sounds like a gratuities/no gratuities difference.

So the OPs saving of 1.46% could be roughly the base price discounted by 20%, then 18% gratuities added back on to the discounted price. Your premium package may have been ex-gratuities, which they seem to offer sometimes.

It's also offered on my Jewel 7 night sailing on 28th of August 2016.

That sounds like a gratuities/no gratuities difference.

So the OPs saving of 1.46% could be roughly the base price discounted by 20%, then 18% gratuities added back on to the discounted price. Your premium package may have been ex-gratuities, which they seem to offer sometimes.

Maybe, although the line code on my invoice reads 'YAC1-PREMBEVWGRAT", which I take to mean 'Premium beverage with gratuities'. Even so, £32.86 with 20% off and then 18% back on is £31.02. Still not £32.38. Now I'm just confused even more! :confused::rolleyes:

I purchased the premium package for a 12 night Hawaii cruise in 2017 that is on sale for the 20% off. The total came to $470.40 They never added the 18% gratuities. It was $39.20 per night. I thought that should have been $39.20 plus the 18% but when I paid it said service charge $0. Will they add the 18% later?

I purchased the premium package for a 12 night Hawaii cruise in 2017 that is on sale for the 20% off. The total came to $470.40 They never added the 18% gratuities. It was $39.20 per night. I thought that should have been $39.20 plus the 18% but when I paid it said service charge $0. Will they add the 18% later?

No, you should not have any amount added later.